Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 Question

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking at this post, I made a trade today for this K98. I don't know anything about the AR code I do believe its correct. This will be my first scoped K98! Thanks For Looki

?

Default K98 Question

Hello Thanks for looking at this post, I made a trade today for this K98. I don't know anything about the AR code I do believe its correct. This will be my first scoped K98!

Thanks For Looking
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Question   K98 Question  

K98 Question   K98 Question  

Mauser werke AG Berlin =ar 41 being the year it was made. Looks like a good zf41 set up I had one years ago on a byf (mauser) I know only certain firms produces the zf41 side rail I have been out of them for 20 years and don't remember a lot. Best reference I had on them was Backbone of the Wermacht by author Law I believe. Nice piece by me. timothy

Hi curt, nice rifle, i believe i read (i may be wrong) the zf41 was not favoured by snipers or even issued as a sniper scope but to give the regular soldier a little extra when in combat, like a modern ACOG used today.

Cheers
    Harry

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Hi curt, nice rifle, i believe i read (i may be wrong) the zf41 was not favoured by snipers or even issued as a sniper scope but to give the regular soldier a little extra when in combat, like a modern ACOG used today.

Cheers
    Harry
    You are correct, not a sniper rifle and I think it was usually issued to the best shot in a platoon/squad or something like that.

Nevertheless, very cool!

?

Thanks for the responses, I was a little nervous about buying it. I had to trade off some of my good stuff plus cash to boot! LOL

well as long as you are happy with it, it is quite nice with what looks to be matching serial numbers as well, does it still shoot or is it a deac?

Cheers
    Harry

?

Its still active and all matching numbers, but I probably wont shoot it. The scope is really clear also.

Thanks
    Curt

Looks like it may have been sanded and reoiled... the linseed oil that was typically applied by troops in the field after they received their rifles tended to turn it darker over time. That's why most kar98ks seen today are much darker.

?

Thanks not sure on that one because the markings on the stock are really clear and crisp in person. But it wouldn't surprise me at all theses days! I will post better pics of the stock tonight.

Just caught the post. Very nice indeed. Even if the stock sanded still a valuable piece. All matching 98s are going for very good money these days and the R/Cs areusually bringing $400 and better. Father brought back a 1940 243 Borsigwalde which matches but bore looks a bit frosty. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast