Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 value? First gun purchase.

Article about: I hope thats the right place to post that. Since im new to collecting WWII collectibles, im not very firm in firearm value. I got offered a K98 here are the specs, i will get pictures up tod

Default K98 value? First gun purchase. PICTURES ADDED

I hope thats the right place to post that.
    Since im new to collecting WWII collectibles, im not very firm in firearm value.
    I got offered a K98 here are the specs, i will get pictures up today. My intention is to shoot it but eventually put it on display with the medals, buckles, dagger etc.
    What value would you guys put on that? The price is at 300$ right now. Sold by a private seller.
    Thank you very much in advance.

WWII era German Mauser 8mm Model 98. The gun has the serial number #9093 etched into the rear area of the wooden stock along with a number 5 where the sling would go. It has a metal rear plate on it with a serial number which is different than the #9093. There are Nazi/German symbols stamped on a lot of portions of the gun....none are marked or XX'ed out at all. There is a #4 on the top of the gun along with the initials BCD. There is the serial number #9093 again on the side of the receiver along with a "b" next to it and a "X" above it. The serial #9093 is etched by hand on several other portions of the gun that have different serial numbers factory stamped on them along with the Nazi/German symbols. The barrel reads "TG KNOX TN 98K 8mm GERMANY". The gun is fully functional but I have never fired it
    Last edited by Tigersfan; 09-20-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Hello there I think the price for the rifle is about average for what you would pay for a K98 in English ££s that would be a bargin! Although I couldn't own it unless it was deactivated!

Quote by Panzer trooper View Post
    Hello there I think the price for the rifle is about average for what you would pay for a K98 in English ££s that would be a bargin! Although I couldn't own it unless it was deactivated!
    Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. Im looking forward fo the pictures.
    What throws me a little, is that the barrel reads "TG KNOX TN 98K 8mm GERMANY" Shouldnt an original say something in german? Deutschland?

Importation into the USA post war requires those markings-sounds like its a 'Russian Capture' example with mis matched parts-look back through the 'K98k sticky thread' for more info on this.

I'm not 100% sure why that would be on the barrel I'm sure some more of the experienced arms collectors will be along later with better info, my K98 is german made but has both Russian and german markings as it must have been captured at some point in the war

I just recieved the pictures. What do you guys think? Go or pass? 300$.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 value? First gun purchase.   K98 value? First gun purchase.  

K98 value? First gun purchase.   K98 value? First gun purchase.  

K98 value? First gun purchase.  

Looks like a good wartime k98 with soviet capture electro pencil markings.

Nathan Romano
    ?

id give $300 for it.

Allright, im going to buy it then. Thanks again for all of your help and expertise! Great bunch of guys in this Forum.

a good price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast