Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98k Sniper(?). Worthy of restoration?

Article about: Stumbled upon this rifle this morning. The rifle is maker msrked 660 and is dated 1940. All serial numbers match with the exception of the bolt which matches itself. The scope is marked... A

Default K98k Sniper(?). Worthy of restoration?

Stumbled upon this rifle this morning. The rifle is maker msrked 660 and is dated 1940. All serial numbers match with the exception of the bolt which matches itself. The scope is marked... Appears German (I see Waffen) but the maker mark is obscured by one of the mount rings...

The rifle is living in a commercial sporter stock... The barrel bands, cleaning rod, wood foregrip are missing.

Is this a legit sniper that Bubba abused? If so, is it worthy of a restoration?

So sorry for the poor quality photos, but it's all I can manage.

K98k Sniper(?). Worthy of restoration?K98k Sniper(?). Worthy of restoration?

?

Default Re: K98k Sniper(?). Worthy of restoration?

Dont know about the rifle.
    Looks like the scope says 'Waffen Frankonia' under the aft ring.
    Waffen Frankonia is a German distributor that buys and sells guns from all sorts of manufacturers (think Charles Daly). The company was established in 1908.

?

Thats no legit sniper configuration of WWII, the scope rings are looking like selfmade in a garage, leave it as it is

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen!

I'll leave this one alone!