Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kar 98k information appreciated

Article about: I was thinking about getting my father a kar98k for his birthday, but I have almost no experience with german guns. Id appreciate it if you could post pictures of your own mauser 98s and tel

Dimitri
    ?

Default Kar 98k information appreciated

I was thinking about getting my father a kar98k for his birthday, but I have almost no experience with german guns. Id appreciate it if you could post pictures of your own mauser 98s and tell what I might expect as far as price for the different kinds. Thanks for all your help. -Dimitri

Default Re: Kar 98k information appreciated

Hi Dimitri,and welcome.To answer your question we would need to know more specifics on what you are looking for.What is your budget?Are you looking for a shooter or an investment piece?The world of k98's is difficult, because there are so many humped up guns.But if your just looking for a range gun thats not too hard and your looking at about 400.00 for a Russian capture.If your looking for something nice with matching #'s I recomend getting a good book like Backbone of the Wehrmacht by Law.
    Hope this helps

Dimitri
    ?

Thanks for the help . As for specifics, matching numbers would be nice and my budget is around 400-500. Is there anything I should know to look out for as far as fakes and repros?

Quote by Dimitri View Post
    Thanks for the help . As for specifics, matching numbers would be nice and my budget is around 400-500. Is there anything I should know to look out for as far as fakes and repros?
    You will be able to find a Russian Capture for around 300$ A unmessed with all matching 98k will cost 900 to 2000$ depending on condition, date and manufacture... You will have to be very dilligent in telling renumbered and forced matched 98Ks, it is no easy task.... There is a show comming up in Greenville, SC the first of Feb... BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Dimitri
    ?

Thanks Bill,
    I had no idea that it would be so hard to find one with matching numbers. Ill have to put some serious thought into a gun before I even consider buying it. Thanks -Dimitri