Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KM Marked Mauser Pistol

Article about: Hi gang! I have been offered this piece for sale. What can you tell me?

Default Re: KM Marked Mauser Pistol

Okey...it's looking much better now. The magazine plate number Should match the grip strap number, but seeing as how it's only One number off, that's not bad. I'm still not sure what happened by the "M" of the eagle stamp-it looks like a slipped tooling? But, over all, I'm leaning towards it being good. The mismatch numbers will hurt it abit, but it should still be a 1500-2000 piece. Hopefully, the rest of the serial numbers are matching, though-such as under the gun barrel,etc. There should be stampings behind the rear sight also, etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is marked several other places with the "230" on the back of the frame, on the front part of the barrel down in the slide, and up under the frame near the trigger. I would dig a little deeper but I don't want to break the gun down without the owners permission.

The 230 looks good, as it lines up with the large number on the left side. So, apparently, the only mismatch is the 1 off magazine. The "N" letter is the property markings for the Nordsee branch of the Navy.
    William

I was able to field strip it and I didn't see any other markings. I did see a U with a crown over it in a couple of places tho.

What kind of price is the seller looking to get?
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12