Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Article about: HI all As of recently I acquired a late war Kriegsmodell production k98 rifle. As described it is marked “byf 44” and was produced by the Mauser factory in late 1944. Indicative of the g

Default Kriegsmodell Mauser.

HI all

As of recently I acquired a late war Kriegsmodell production k98 rifle. It is marked “byf 44” and was produced by the Mauser factory in late 1944. Indicative of the guns of the period, this has the usual simplifications such as the stamped front and rear bands along with the floorplate, but still retains the stock disassembly disk and the elongated bolt gas vents. Whilst my pre war k98 is swimming in waffenamts and serials, this example is somewhat less so as pressure was on the Germans to get them out of the door as quickly as possible. However, serial numbers where they can be found appear to be matching. The gun was advertised by a well regarded dealer in the UK as being in mint original condition and possibly unissued, the bore was also described as virtually new, and although I don’t have an endoscope I’d be inclined to agree.

Having been reading Ian Kershaw’s book The End recently, the dire events this gun was sent to Leaves much to the imagination. perhaps it was discarded by a young straggler knowing the war was lost, or dropped less willingly before becoming a war souvenir. Any feedback or info would be very much appreciated.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Kriegsmodell Mauser.

Dave

?

Really nice looking piece, although I value and like the quality of pre-war and early war German firearms, there is a certain fascination with the ‘make do’ way the late war items were produced and the environment in which they were made

Does look to be in very nice condition. I did have a BYF 44 but it was a mix-matcher of parts for sure. I know it was a C.A.I. import as stamped under top of barrel. Still it retained the cleaning rod and sling. Was surprised the swastikas remained unpeened for an R/C. Overall finish on mine sure suffered compared to pre-war examples. Yours looks to be in very good shape. Thanks for sharing as it is nice to see examples from early and late war production.

?

you have a STELLER piece there. great find. let us know how it shoots/ groups?