Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

L1a1

Article about: by Scout OP, we badly need a pic of the Landy complete with arsenal, puuuhleeze! I've plenty of pics of the old heap, but not too many of it when it's at a show, these are the best of a bad

Default Re: L1a1

Quote by Scout View Post
    OP, we badly need a pic of the Landy complete with arsenal, puuuhleeze!

I've plenty of pics of the old heap, but not too many of it when it's at a show, these are the best of a bad job really! Igonore the crappy cammo netting, it was on a bit better but we'd been playing about under the bonnet and the netting kinda just fell away and got left like that...looks bloody awful!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L1a1   L1a1  

L1a1   L1a1  

L1a1  

I can only see a field, must be well camoflaged.

?

The SOCOM is able to fulfill a role between a dedicated sniper rifle and standard issue rifle/carbine IMO.

?

L1A1 I assembled from a very good condition parts kit in the 90's, receiver is a C.A.I. model made in Canada, I removed the carry handle and added a ARMS receiver cover scope mount. I also have a TRILUX scope and receiver cover scope mount for it.

L1a1

I used a SLR with Trilux sight until the SA80 arrived in 1987, I did miss my old cannon, if you hit it, it stayed down lol
    Ben

?

Great weapon, the Falklands Special, Trilux was and still is a good sighting system although dangerous if you dropped one and damaged it badly in a confined space

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    I've plenty of pics of the old heap, but not too many of it when it's at a show, these are the best of a bad job really! Igonore the crappy cammo netting, it was on a bit better but we'd been playing about under the bonnet and the netting kinda just fell away and got left like that...looks bloody awful!
    I got more than a few rides in these, they were really great vehicles. I remmeber when the Brit units we worked with started showing up with SA80s, and no one seemed to like them, most of the guys who had them said they'd fall to bits if you shook them too hard lol I wish they'd import the SLR to the states, I'm not too sure I trust the parts kits a whole lot.

?

L1a1It's not so much the parts kits pete ; it's whom is assembling them. My pre '95 Enterprise Arms L1A1 is all original brit but the enterprise made receiver. Bore is cherry and she can shoot as long as I do my part.

- - Updated - -

PS ; Since I took this pic I installed a brit type FH on my metric FAL....so it looks and feels more like my L1A1.

?

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Landy looks GREAT.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    L1a1It's not so much the parts kits pete ; it's whom is assembling them. My pre '95 Enterprise Arms L1A1 is all original brit but the enterprise made receiver. Bore is cherry and she can shoot as long as I do my part.

- - Updated - -

PS ; Since I took this pic I installed a brit type FH on my metric FAL....so it looks and feels more like my L1A1.
    I really like the looks of those 2. I just wish we could import the rifle as manufactured, skip the American parts, it would be nice to have something more recent then a No4 with all British parts and markings. Once I get my manequins all set, I think I might start looking for one of these for my next rifle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast