Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Lanchester

Article about: Here is a common known description of SMG Produced in two versions, Mk.1 and Mk.1*. The Mk.1* was a simplified version of the original Mk.1, which omitted the fire mode selector (full automa

?

Default Lanchester

Here is a common known description of SMG

Produced in two versions, Mk.1 and Mk.1*. The Mk.1* was a simplified version of the original Mk.1, which omitted the fire mode selector (full automatic only) and used simplified sights.
    The question is: has anyone ever saw a MK1 with fire mod selector? Any pictures, please?

Default Re: Lanchester

As you probably know, the Mk1 had the barrel locking screw on the front, top of the barrel and the Mk1* at the top front of the mag housing. The Mk1 had the adjustable sight whereas the Mk1* had the simple sight. The Mk1 had a fire selector switch and different trigger components to the Mk1*. Also the cocking handle was different between the 2 variations. I dont have any pics of a unmodified Mk1 ( I believe 'The Guns of Dagenham' feature some) but I do have some pics of a Mk1 modified which is relatively intact. Some of the Mk1 guns were modified by welding the trigger parts and others had them replaced. Some late Mk1 guns where made to Mk1* spec using Mk1 parts, these can be identified by the lack of a slot for the tripping lever. My own Mk1 has the early sights, early cocking handle, later barrel and locking screw on the mag housing, late trigger parts and lack of tripping lever slot, so it was a intermediate model between Mk1 and Mk1*.

Mk1, note the welded trigger parts and the tripping lever slot.

Lanchester Mk1 change lever.

?

Default Re: Lanchester

Is this what you need?....lanchester mark 1 - Google Search
    JEDEM DAS SEINE