Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late war VIS

Article about: This is another late war VIS I recently added to my collection. I am in the market for a set of grips of course. This came from the grandson of the veteran that liberated the weapon. This 10

Default Late war VIS

This is another late war VIS I recently added to my collection. I am in the market for a set of grips of course. This came from the grandson of the veteran that liberated the weapon. This 100% mathcing number gun has a mint bore and the finish is probably 95% with excellent markings on the holster and two excellent condition mags. As rough as they look these were last ditch weapons thrown together for numbers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war VIS   Late war VIS  

Late war VIS   Late war VIS  

Nice Pistol. Wish the grips were not broken. The holster matches well. Did they come as a complete rig??

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

John the pistol did come as a complete rig. Everything I see tells me it's been a matched set probably since issue. Magazines match and holster would be correct for this late war production weapon.

?

Other than the grip a very nice pistol.

it is a nice gun,our country is forbidden to have own gun!

I have a half dozen of these now and started picking them up really out of curiosity. The history of the guns is brutal at best. The fact that the production of the gun didn't survive the war is terrible though. The Russians decided the plant was better off to produce the far inferior T33 pistol. The plant went from being brutalized by the Germans to being brutalized by the Russians. The VIS desigjn was borrowed heavily from John Brownings designs IMHO and is one of the finest weapons ever produced. The failure rate has got to be extremely low even when built crudely as the late guns were.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war VIS   Late war VIS  

Did I mention the VIS is one of my all time favorite pistols?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war VIS  

?

I came across this one a while back

Late war VIS  

Found a great set of brown late war grips. They came with some screws as well but those on the weapon were similar condition. It is as clean of late war gun as I have seen, inside and out.

Regards,

Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war VIS