Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest item in collection French Gras Rifle

Default Re: Latest item in collection French Gras Rifle

A lovely weapon. I just love the old guns. In fact I had a section 58 Martini Henry Mk11 delivered to me from Fultons of Bisley today!

['BELFAST DIARIES, A Gunner In Northern Ireland.' Read what it was really like to patrol the streets of Belfast in the fight against the IRA. Log on to www.belfastdiaries.com.

Im with you on the oldies Harry the mole,heres my martini enfield mk1,with lee metford mk11 bayonet.-p1010023.jpg

Is it wise to trust those cup hooks in the ceiling?
    ['BELFAST DIARIES, A Gunner In Northern Ireland.' Read what it was really like to patrol the streets of Belfast in the fight against the IRA. Log on to www.belfastdiaries.com.

Wrecker-yours is the ME Artillery Carbine, converted from the MH Rifle MkIII-the exact configuration will be marked on the left hand side of the action with the original markings on the right hand side-fine old historic firearms (I have an ME Rifle Mk I, still live but I wouldn't trust it now given its age and cordite ammo).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture -001.jpg  

Those feet don't look like marching feet.

No, not any more...'Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn'

Harry,thanks for your concern but they are heavy duty steel screw eyes that have been up there a goodly while,theres nothing to say the weight of jeep parts in the attic above might bring em down though.

Lithgow i will get the martini off the ceiling tomorrow and look at the markings,not sure about this new fangled nude photography but i will give it a try.

Heres pics of gun,theres no stampings on right side of gun,i was under impression it was a mk1 .303 made for the job not a rework of a henry,it would be nice to know what butt disc and bayonet markings were if anyone knows.
    Colin.-p1010025.jpg-p1010026.jpg-p1010027.jpg-p1010028.jpg-p1010029.jpg-p1010030.jpg

special reserve cameronian volunteers 1901 ?

'AC I'= Artilllery Carbine Mk1. Never heard of one being made new-plenty of older rifles available for conversion. It may be a good idea to start a new thread on the carbine as the original tag is now misleading on this subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12