Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Law on De-acts from europe

Article about: hi guys, I have been looking at getting a few more De-acts for my collection , and have noticed there are a few nice ones in Germany (de-act to german standard) are these OK to import or wou

?

Default Law on De-acts from europe

hi guys,

I have been looking at getting a few more De-acts for my collection , and have noticed there are a few nice ones in Germany (de-act to german standard)

are these OK to import or would i lose them at customs? anyone tried doing it before?

Jim

ian
    ?

Default Re: Law on De-acts from europe

i believe only a fire arms dealer can import them
    and then they must be re-deactivated to uk standards and re proofed ,and given a uk certificate
    that is what has hapend to my luger
    cheers ian

Hi Jim, under no circumstances be tempted to import ANY deact from abroad. Regardless of the UK being part of the EU etc, or how it is deactivated, HM Customs will treat the weapon as live and you would be charged accordingly.

As Ian has correctly stated only a RFD dealer can import and then re-proof an item.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I thought it might be something like that , what a bugger, as usual the UK prices are much higher than across europe lol

thanks for the fast replies chaps, much appreciated!

I know Jim, as I have seen many items in Germany which I would loved to have.....

Cheers, Ade.

?

its a shame they cant get a european standard setup , would make life easier for us lol

thanks again aide

ian
    ?

you would not want the new german deac standard
    they butcher them wors than we do
    all lock pins removed,all springs ,3 holes or long cut in the barrel ,and then a tongston rod ,working parts welded solid ,a good example
    i was looking at an artilery luger last weak ,the working parts were solid ,the barrel was slotted from breach to muzle ,the lock was missing as was the safety catch,the side plate was welded on ,and it was painted black to cover the welding
    they are worth nothing now
    the old spec german standard was ,as ours was ,prety good ,,but as usual the few spoil it for the many
    cheers ian