Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

lee enfield 1917

Article about: Hi Harry i was much the same i think i used to pay about £50 for an ex egypten army Smle ww1 dated they were full of sand and mud but with lots of work they cleaned up really well. I then i

Default Re: lee enfield 1917

Hi Andy,
    Talking about prices, I purchased a Maxim Mg08 in June 2001 from Regimentals for £1,600 (including postage). I was looking on the DandB website last night, and I spotted an Mg08 on exactly the same mount as mine had. They are asking £8,995 for it. I think I got rid of it at the wrong time!

Harry.

Hi Harry
    The Maxim is a nice one but not sure that i could part with that mutch hard erned cash. i have had some dealings with D&B that were less than good not sure if i am alowed to say much hear but they wont be getting any money from me soon.
    back to prices though there is a big veriation i picked up a ww1 german flare pistol (hebel) a few months ago for £120 i have seen them go for almost £300 in about the same condition. these are very well made by the way proper gunsmithing no pressed mettal etc ww1 british Mk3 flare pistols also seem a little expencive at around £300 also.
    i bet you wish you still had that mg08 though
    Andy

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    In the Uk I think at the moment the deac russian wepons are fair value
    Which is exactly why Second World War small arms are my main area of interest, I'm looking to maybe buy the standard issue rifles of a few countries involved during the Second World War too, however this is just an idea. But I think it would be nice to have a Mosin Nagant, K98, Lee Enfield, Garand etc in one display.

Thanks

Danny

WOW, very nice, and its a .410 shotgun now, I assume the barrel is rifled, so that you could use slugs.

Thanks for sharing.

Brian

Hi Brian, I can comment re the rifling. This has to be smoothbored out to comply with our laws on shotguns.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Brian, I can comment re the rifling. This has to be smoothbored out to comply with our laws on shotguns.

Cheers, Ade.
    That stinks BIG TIME, as that would make an excellent deer gun, could you imagine that with an rifled bore.

Talk about the perfect shotgun.

Thanks
    Brian

Hi Danny
    that would be a good idea the garand would cost abit though. but would be a good theam you could add an Jap arisca or an italian cacano to the list without too much efort.
    would make a nice display for sure
    Andy

I would love to have an M1A1 ( M14 ) type rifle that shot .410 slugs, especially with a 30 round magazine...

Now that would be very nice, Although there are the Russian made shot guns out there are converted to AK-47 style weapons...

Here is a nice pic of an Saiga Russian shotgun, that has been converted to AK style.

My buddy owns this, and is wanting to sell it to me really cheap.

Really nice shotgun in .410

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture lee enfield 1917  

Hi Brian, I have shot the 12 Gauge version of the Saiga owned by a forum friend here in the UK, they are a lot of fun!

Cheers, Ade.

that looks very cool would be fun going duck shooting with that
    Andy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast