Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945

Article about: beautiful Jungle Carbine Mark, An excellent example of one of my favorite lee enfield designs. I have a 47 dated JC , one of the first rifles i purchased. and yes its fun to shoot Paul

Default Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945

Forum members

Someone posted a British military award earlier and it reminded me of how much I like my example of the same medal. I then remembered someone posted a Lee Enfield MKI No5 .303 and how impressive this powerful little shooter looked to my eyes. Immediately I was drawn to the rifle and wanted to add one to my collection. This is the result.

Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 12/45 All matching (to the best of my knowledge) and not an Indian conversion, as can be witnessed by the lightning cuts. The stock and trigger guard is stamped with the Queen's Crown and the rifle comes from the Fazakerley Factory. The flash suppressor/hider gives the rifle a terrific appearance and reminds me of the U.S. M14. The magazine has a stamped F and fits like a surgeons glove. I have become a fan of British militaria, it's made well, looks great, and just as fun to collect. I have waited to post pics of this rifle because my ability to shoot large items is rather poor, sorry for the bad pics.

Mark

Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945

Nice looking Carbine, Mark. I love the dark colour of the wood stocks.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I've only ever held & fired a Lithgow, and MAANNN these kick like a bloody Mule and are bloody loud!!!
    I'm not sure on the ammo you have there but if it's Indian mfg watch out for delayed discharge

The wood has been worked over but it looks great.
    Congrats I like these.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I like the No.5 carbines - yours is quite a nice one, too.
    How is the muzzle blast?

Seems the Australians used them, too -
    http://media.iwm.org.uk/iwm/mediaLib...5370/large.jpg
    0594595500.jpg Photo by toddylaw | Photobucket

Tough to find pics of Brits using them.

Thanks guys

Steve, these dark stocks are great. Walking through a gun shop, it's easy to find the old lumber and I'm always drawn to it.

Rene, I have read about the reputation of these rifles. Looking forward to shooting it!

Eric, agreed, the No5's have a great look. Do you think the stock was re-done? I think it looks well used, but didn't think it might be reworked. If that's what you meant, not sure.

I hope to get more replies, but I must go to sleep!

Kind regards
    Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Thanks guys

Steve, these dark stocks are great. Walking through a gun shop, it's easy to find the old lumber and I'm always drawn to it.

Rene, I have read about the reputation of these rifles. Looking forward to shooting it!

Eric, agreed, the No5's have a great look. Do you think the stock was re-done? I think it looks well used, but didn't think it might be reworked. If that's what you meant, not sure.

I hope to get more replies, but I must go to sleep!

Kind regards
    Mark
    Enjoy Mark it was fun when I had a shot, pretty sore after pumping out 20rds in quick succession

?

One of my uncles fought in Burma and used the mk5 although he said they were,nt the best weapon to use but were only really good at close range , they had too much recoil and not that accurate ,he also said if the enemy got that close you could hit them over the head with it !!!!!!!

Quote by davejb View Post
    One of my uncles fought in Burma and used the mk5 although he said they were,nt the best weapon to use but were only really good at close range , they had too much recoil and not that accurate ,he also said if the enemy got that close you could hit them over the head with it !!!!!!!
    These short rifles do kick like a mule no doubt and are known for inaccuracy.
    Much like a Steyr and mosin carbine is IMO.
    As for the stock it shows some gloss sheen unlike the bring backs I have seen.
    Sanded and Tru oil add post war IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Very nice looking carbine!! I absolutely love these rifles, too. Maybe I've fired too many rifles over the years, but I don't find that these seem to kick any more than any other Enfield or Mosin. I really enjoy shooting mine from time to time - and plan on spending some time checking comparative accuracy of the Mosin M44 and the Jungle Carbine.

Here are a few pics of mine.

Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945 Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945

Lee Enfield MKI No5 Jungle Carbine 1945

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast