Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.

Article about: Whilst I was posting the SMLE I thought I may as well put some pics up of this one also. Annoyed from this ads?   Lee Enfield No.5 MKI, 1946, Fazakerley made one. Numbers matching inclu

Default Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.

Whilst I was posting the SMLE I thought I may as well put some pics up of this one also.

Lee Enfield No.5 MKI, 1946, Fazakerley made one. Numbers matching including the mag, the wood is also matching but it's hard to read and damn near impossible to see it in a picture. Once again it's unfortunately deactivated. The rifle looks like it's hardly been used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.   Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.  

Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.   Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.  

Some more pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.   Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.  

More...

Just one last one...

Anyone who has had the most recent catalogue from WWA will probably have seen this pic on the page advertising the Jungle Carbines they were selling (mine isn't one of them though). The pic is one of mine they, erm, 'borrowed', but I don't mind too much, and it shows my dad with his No5 MK1 in Malaya whilst serving with REME (he's the one squatting down on the right). I showed my dad the pic and he was quite chuffed get into print!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.  

4md
    ?

Very nice No.5, I love these rifles, they are one of my favorites of the lee enfield family. Awesome photo as well, you don't see photos with jungle carbines very often, I guess that's why WWA borrowed your pic.

regards Paul

Quote by 4md View Post
    Very nice No.5, I love these rifles, they are one of my favorites of the lee enfield family. Awesome photo as well, you don't see photos with jungle carbines very often, I guess that's why WWA borrowed your pic.

regards Paul

I reckon they are the nicest looking Lee Enfield out there, though no doubt others might disagree!

?

Rifle looks good especially as it's all matching. Is the bayonet original? If so would love to see some detailed pics.

Alex

Lovely rifle, only good for close range shooting and the Lithgow 45 one I had a go at kicked like a mule!

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Rifle looks good especially as it's all matching. Is the bayonet original? If so would love to see some detailed pics.

Alex
    Yep, the bayonet is an original one, 1947 dated made at the Poole ROF. They're bloody expensive bayonets are these!!

Some more of the markings etc...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast