Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lee-Enfield No4Mk1(T)

Article about: I had wanted an Enfield sniper for many years when this one wandered into view. It now spends most of its' time leaning in the corner of my den. I've only taken it out to the desert one time

Default Re: Lee-Enfield No4Mk1(T)

Quote by ian View Post
    hi m14 that is the correct carry sling you have there and looks in good condition,i have spent a good hour looking on the net for the sniper/target sling to show you a pic but up till now i cant find one ,these slings were an excesory and not allways used , but they do make a very steady shot , there about 2" wide about 24" long , webbing ,with leather ends with bucles , they fit the left arm abouve the elbow and around over thew wrist ,when you try to straiten the arm it goes tight and steadys the rifle ,as a result you can stay in the aim for much longer with out wavering , ill keep looking for a pic and post as soon as i find one , cheers ian
    I know the one now that you have described it. Jeff Cooper advocated one like it.

I have a friend who knows someone who has some parts for the (T). I'll see if he knows where I can dig one up. He helped me get an original replacement part for the scope that was missing.

I also have a friend in Australia that has sent me some great original web gear. He might know where to find one, too.

All this talk out my (T) makes me want to take it to the range next Sat. It would be it's first time on paper (with me).

I have a friend who has a friend with one unfired in the transit chest. All the tools and goodies included. But he wants about $5,000usd for it, and only to a friend who won't sell it again.

Thanks!

ian
    ?

i have hit pullbulls at well over1000mtrs with this rifle it is in my opinion the most acurete rifle ever made ,,, well up untill the late 90s at least
    lookafter it and love it as i did the one i used to have ,cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    i have hit pullbulls at well over1000mtrs with this rifle it is in my opinion the most acurete rifle ever made ,,, well up untill the late 90s at least
    lookafter it and love it as i did the one i used to have ,cheers ian
    Nice! I have a 1,000 yard range so will try it out next time we do some long range shooting.

realy nice no4t , what kind of scope is on your rifle?. you shud also find a transit box fore it. i love mine and you will love yours as well.

?

When i used to shoot these at Ash and Hythe ranges here in the UK we used the sniper sling to produce better grouping , at that time we could get them anytime, but i havent seen one in yrs, my old cadet unit had about 8 of them stored in the armoury, along with a nice wartime sten gun and two brens, the whole lot went up in flames when some little yob decided to torch our school because he didnt like the English

Quote by Das reich View Post
    realy nice no4t , what kind of scope is on your rifle?. you shud also find a transit box fore it. i love mine and you will love yours as well.
    Thanks. The scope is a No32 Mk3. I missed a transit chest by minutes at a gun show about 4 years ago. My buddy saw it under a table and called me. I went into that building just in time to see a guy toss it onto his shoulder and walk out. I asked him what he paid and he responded "$75, and it has the scope box inside, too". Bummer for me.

Quote by davejb View Post
    When i used to shoot these at Ash and Hythe ranges here in the UK we used the sniper sling to produce better grouping , at that time we could get them anytime, but i havent seen one in yrs, my old cadet unit had about 8 of them stored in the armoury, along with a nice wartime sten gun and two brens, the whole lot went up in flames when some little yob decided to torch our school because he didnt like the English
    Ouch. I hate to hear stories like that. Don't suppose you thought ahead and got me one of the Sniper Slings? Ha.

If I rember correctly, the standard rifle sling for a British sniper rifle is the leather Garand rifle sling and not the wide canvass sling mentioned in previous posts. These wide canvass slings were for use on the rifle range . Pictured below is my rifle wirth American leather sling. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lee-Enfield No4Mk1(T)  

?

Blackpowder44 is correct. The correct sling for the rifle is the US 1907 leather sling. The same sling as used on the 1903 Springfield and the Garand. Ray

ian
    ?

heres some pics of the sniper/target sling , it realy helps with acurate ,consistant shooting , ray ,some snipers did indeed use a leather sling , but it was purpose made and was not a garrand sling ,allthough i must admit it does look very much the same ,cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lee-Enfield No4Mk1(T)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lee-Enfield No4Mk1(T) 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast