Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII

Article about: I have been offered a WW1 British Smle mk 111 deactivated however the owner has lost the deactivation certificate. I have yet to see the rifle but on the basis of it being from a reasonably

Default Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII

I have been offered a WW1 British Smle mk 111 deactivated however the owner has lost the deactivation certificate. I have yet to see the rifle but on the basis of it being from a reasonably common maker and of average condition what would be a fair price to pay.

Thanks in advance

Robin

Default re: Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII

Anyone ! im viewing it on Tuesday along with other bits and pieces and need a rough figure to start at if I decide to buy it.

Good condition, around 200-250 euros I think.

Regards

I think around the £225/£250 mark?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ingid and Adrian. Does the fact that seller has lost the deactivation cert have any bearing on the value and how easy would it be to obtain a new certificate.

You do not need a new certificate. Perfectly legal as it is provided it has the deact proof markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Robin,
    Nice rifle if you get it Ade is on the mark for the price that depends on the condition also, some can be in a bad state and clean up really well, others can be rusted to hell. post it up if you get it please.
    dave.

Default Re: Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII

I think its currently £24 for a re-cert, and theres a £40+ extra for the 'While you wait fee' and then you have to get there. Not to bad if you live in London or Birmingham, but a real pain in the bottom if you live in the north of scotland.

Went to view the rifle today and it is infact a Lee enfield no 4 mk i in very good condition with zinc butt plate manufactured by ROF, Old spec deactivation comes with its pig sticker bayonet (marked no4 mk2 b, model with ball at end of scabbard). Matching numbers on rifle.

In light of new developments anyone have any idea on value.

Many thanks

Robin

Forgive me but how does a 'WW1 SMLE' become a No.4 Mk I-presumably the current owner has some idea what it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast