Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Lend-Lease No. 4 Mk. I* Rifle

Article about: Hello, all! This is the result of my quick trip to the gun shop to pick up some ammo for the Memorial Day weekend... For \\$200... WHY THE HELL NOT?! Please correct me if I am wrong, but It's

Default Re: Lend-Lease No. 4 Mk. I* Rifle

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Works like a dream now. Super rifle to shoot IMO.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Ade! My buddy and I had a lot of fun with it yesterday. We put life-sized silhouette targets out at 100yards and once I learned the rifle a little better/ figured out that the front sight was out of alignment (a few gentle taps with a rubber mallet fixed it!), I was consistently putting rnds thru the "head" of the target.

I really do like this rifle a lot. It just feels so much different/ has a smoother and quicker action than any of my other rifles. The 10rnd capacity (5 more than my Arisakas, Mosin and K98, 4 more than my Carcano) is also an added bonus. When I finally add a Garand, I am sure that these two will be head to head contenders for my favorite to shoot!

[QUOTE=Battery Command Post;598381]
    Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I don't like the look of the sling...

I believe it is actually a military sling, although it has been shortened and sewn together.

Rob
    Hi Rob, I really am not so sure. To me, it just seems like a length of heavy canvas folded in on itself and then sewn together. In close up pics, it doesn't resemble the standard issue sling. A member of gunboards was kind enough to send me a free sling. When it arrives, I will post side by side comparison shots!

4md
    ?

There is a quite famous incident in ww1 where the Germans believed they were being shot at by a machine gun but it was British infantry using the lee enfield. A comparison between the garand and lee enfield is on Lock and Load, R Lee Emery's show.

regards Paul

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi Rob, I really am not so sure. To me, it just seems like a length of heavy canvas folded in on itself and then sewn together. In close up pics, it doesn't resemble the standard issue sling. A member of gunboards was kind enough to send me a free sling. When it arrives, I will post side by side comparison shots!
    Well, yes, that's exactly what it is It's definitely not the standard web sling, that's for sure, but the general look of the material and construction look very British Army to me. Also the way it is constructed so that the edges are thicker than the middle would suggest a canvas version of the web sling, and would accommodate the brass fittings found on British slings. I have seen canvas "utility" examples of British slings before and although it's not exactly the same one is illustrated here:

Pattern 1937 Web Equipment

I could be wrong, but something is just telling me...

It's been heavily messed with in any case

Rob

Hi Giz,
    That shoots really well you have a nice rifle there, thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Giz,
    That shoots really well you have a nice rifle there, thanks for showing it.
    Dave.
    Thanks, Dave! I can't wait to shoot it again!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4