Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Little Tom 6.35 - what is the magazine length - were there 2 or more variations?

Article about: Do you have a Little Tom magazine that you can measure? Is yours ~73-74 mm or about 70 mm? I recently picked up a 1921 Austrian Wiener Little Tom. It came with a steel magazine that loads/un

pazmaker
    ?

Default Little Tom 6.35 - what is the magazine length - were there 2 or more variations?

Do you have a Little Tom magazine that you can measure? Is yours ~73-74 mm or about 70 mm?
    I recently picked up a 1921 Austrian Wiener Little Tom. It came with a steel magazine that loads/unloads from the bottom. The magazine is 70 mm long and has an extended base plate. This magazine does not appear to be original, but it loads, locks in place flush to the frame bottom and cycles ammo flawlessly.
    I purchased a brass 6.35 mm magazine from a seller in Warsaw (nice guy - sells on gunbroker). It was supposed to be for the Little Tom, but it is about 73 mm long and will not insert completely with the slide closed.

Were there two variations of 6.35 mm Little Tom pistols? I know some were made in Czechoslovakia and some were made in Austria at the same time. Do the Czechoslovakian and Austrian pistols have different dimensions and different magazines? Or is the 74 mm brass magazine for an altogether different gun? TripleK.com advertises a replacement magazine that is 2.87" (73 mm) long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Little Tom 6.35 - what is the magazine length - were there 2 or more variations?

Bill Grist had a thread on Little Tom pistols. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...-1922-a-73332/

pazmaker
    ?

Default Re: Little Tom 6.35 - what is the magazine length - were there 2 or more variations?

Here are captions for the pictures above:
    1- 1921 Austrian Little Tom with brass magazine inserted as far as it can go. There still about 0.2" sticking out the bottom of the mag well.
    2- Steel magazine placed on top of brass magazine for length comparison.
    3- Steel magazine side by side with the brass magazine for length comparison.
    Steel = 70mm
    Brass = 73-74mm

I also compared photographs of a Czechoslovakian Little Tom to my Austrian one. The grip angle is 5° less on my Austrian gun.
    Austrian = 70° from horizontal
    Czech = 75° from horizontal

Maybe the Czech guns were slightly larger too.
    Anyone with a Little Tom care to comment?

hi,

Did you ever find out which gun the steel magazine is for? I have 2 identical mags but have been unable to find out which gun it fits.

Thanks