Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWI

Article about: Hello, I have a relative who has an original LMG 08/15 "Spandau" machine gun. He inherited from another relative after they passed away. We were trying to figure out how much it wo

Default LMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWI

Hello,

I have a relative who has an original LMG 08/15 "Spandau" machine gun. He inherited from another relative after they passed away. We were trying to figure out how much it would be worth if it was sold. He told me that the "firing mechanism" is not intact, but I really don't even know what this mean. I've seen the machine gun once before. Its quite large and heavy and it certainly appeared complete superficially and also seems to be in decent condition. I wouldn't begin to know where to even look to find out what this might be worth. I'll try to post pictures at some point. Any information from anyone out there would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

PS. There is a date on the gun, I can't recall what it was but I think it was early 1900's, 1910's - teens. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Default Re: LMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWI

It depends on which country you are in for a start-having part of the mechanism missing means it can't shoot anymore which is how most MGs are in private hands.

We're in the USA. I searched a little online and couldn't find any other ones for sale. Any idea on how much this might be worth?

Like most things it depends on its condition and rarity as there were several different makers, some of which made very few-the Spandau arsenal made the most at 50,000 approx and DWM the least at 2,000-you need to post pictures for a more accurate guess but it would be at least US$10,000 and up.

LMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWILMG 08/15 "Spandau" Machine Gun from WWI

I took a number of photos today of the gun my relative has. We really don't know much about it. We would be most grateful for any information anyone could provide, including how much it might be worth. Thank you so much!

Fantastic piece! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Thanks - I think I found records for one similar one to this that was for sale online, but there was no price. Any information on value or how to value such a piece would be most welcome. Thank you!

WW1Relic...outstanding MGO8/15 ! these have exploded in price recently....fetching anything from £4000-£6000 (approx $6-8000) here in the U.K ! and thats for a gun that will not even fire, a deactivated one !....you are in the States so the price may not be as high, despite its capability of live firing.
    Prost ! Steve.

This weapon may be worth as much as 20 year in prison, if you do not have the paperwork with it, it must be registered withthe BATF and have the proper taxes paid on transfer. If it does not have the papers, the right sideplate can be removed with a torch to make it legal, but you need to check on that for sure, then it becomes a "parts kit" and can be sold or traded with out any problems. The last parts kit I saw for sale in the US brought around $3500, but it was in much better condition. That was a few years ago, and this may still command that price. If it has the papers, then it could be worth more, even if it is a DWaT, as they can be brought back to life.
    Beest
    Gus