Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for a sling and cleaning rod

Article about: For something slightly off base, I recently acquired a Chinese Type 53 carbine. It's a November 1953 "trials" rifle - needed some TLC to clean up some rust issues but worth the inv

?

Default Looking for a sling and cleaning rod

For something slightly off base, I recently acquired a Chinese Type 53 carbine. It's a November 1953 "trials" rifle - needed some TLC to clean up some rust issues but worth the investment.

I'm trying to find a correct sling and cleaning rod. No luck so far. Anyone have sources or suggestions?

Default Re: Looking for a sling and cleaning rod

Can you not just use a M44 rod?
    I have also heard they used every thing from twine to SKS slings in Nam.

Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for a sling and cleaning rod  
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Erik is right,M44 rod and SKS sling,look on Google images,there are places selling them.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I would think that MarkV is after the correct Chinese issue gear but finding it could prove very difficult-the rifles are usually pretty well used by the time the Chinese disposed of them let alone the accessories...

[h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks, guys! I think the originals had leather ties to secure the dog collars. But, there were certainly lots of variations over the years. I'll keep looking for awhile - but I'll probably end up having to use a Soviet variation - this is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Here are some pics of the rifle. I had somesubstantial rust issues, especially inside the butt plate, narrel bands and on he bayonet. I was able to clean it up pretty well, though.

Looking for a sling and cleaning rod Looking for a sling and cleaning rod Looking for a sling and cleaning rod Looking for a sling and cleaning rod

Looking for a sling and cleaning rod Looking for a sling and cleaning rod Looking for a sling and cleaning rod