Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Magazines

Article about: Got these two mags with my Luger, one is an fxo with Waffenampt 37, pretty standard stuff, the second has an alloy base, Waffen stamp is adler over 63, serial number which Im assuming is the

Default Luger Magazines

Got these two mags with my Luger, one is an fxo with Waffenampt 37, pretty standard stuff, the second has an alloy base, Waffen stamp is adler over 63, serial number which Im assuming is the serial of the original gun and a letter stamp........any info on the second would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Magazines   Luger Magazines  

Luger Magazines  

good cond.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    good cond.
    Thanks Harry.

That extruded mag is a great one to have,I love those mags for their quality.

the second has a different eagle stamp that I cant recall what it is off the top of my head.....

Hello,
    Nice magazines, the one your asking about is a Mauser made one.
    It was made early in 1938, a little later Mauser changed to waa655 and then stopped making magazines.
    Then as with the other magazine you have Haenel (122 then fxo) made the last of the magazines until Mauser stopped P08 production and made the P38.
    Jonathan.

Thanks Mike, handling the two its obvious which is the better quality, the secand one I'm assuming is wartime expedient manufacture, do the markings on the alloy base one mean anything to you..??

Phil

Quote by severin View Post
    Hello,
    Nice magazines, the one your asking about is a Mauser made one.
    It was made early in 1938, a little later Mauser changed to waa655 and then stopped making magazines.
    Then as with the other magazine you have Haenel (122 then fxo) made the last of the magazines until Mauser stopped P08 production and made the P38.
    Jonathan.
    Thanks Johnathan, you posted as I was replying to previous posts so I think you have answered my question, much appreciated, the gun itself is a 1938 Mauser made P08 so its nice to have a correct mag for it even though its not matching serial numbers.

Phil

Hello Phil,
    I am in the same boat as you I think, but with a byf 41 and two mags similar to yours.
    One a Mauser made mag a bit later than yours waa655, the other an alloy based fxo which is a bit earlier than yours.
    The fxo is the closest match I have been able to find.
    Lugers serial 9332p mag 6708q so not to shabby.
    Although the fxo is a far better match to the gun it has to be said that if wiggled it rattles, the Mauser one doesn't.
    Should be an Olympic sport, Luger wiggling
    Jonathan.

Yeah you can definitely notice the difference in quality between a stamped one vs a extruded one! sounds like Severin nailed down its history for you,(good job) I have feeling they got reports back from the field about issues with the stamped ones, bending at the lips! hence why they went to the expense of milling them out of alluminum bar stock.

Do you have a take down tool for your Luger? If so, in case you did not know this.... those tools actually serve as a mag loading tool,where its machined grooves and the hole in the tool,fit on the side of the mag,so you can push it down much easier. Its a pain to load them in the cold with out it !!!