Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

M1 Carbine newbie...

Article about: My cousin Marco got in on the action as well:

Default Re: M1 Carbine newbie...

I'm hosting the video on youtube. Sorry! Please bear with me...

It says youtube is still processing my video...

Video should work now

?

Looks to me like the whole receiver is moving in the stock. Mine move a bit, too.

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Looks to me like the whole receiver is moving in the stock. Mine move a bit, too.
    Hi Mark,

Sorry, I really couldn't show it in the video. This is the only part that moves:

Should I be concerned?

?

Sorry, I meant to write that mine does too - not as much as that. You might want to get a replacement pin and see if that lessens it. Or, just leave it if it doesn't affect your shooting.

I didn't have any problems with it this past weekend (...other than the 2 mags falling out). I'll keep a close eye on things.

Can you recommend a good website for purchasing the parts and tools mentioned earlier?

Thanks Mark!

?

eBay is a decent source as long as you are careful - lots of fakers selling new parts as USGI. Northridge and Fulton Armory are also good. I stay from Riverbank Armory since many people have reported getting faked parts represented as real. Not sure if that's true or not but I prefer not to chance it. If you have any problems yo can also send me a PM.

Awesome! Thanks Mark, you're the best!

Hello everyone!

I went out and shot my carbine for a second time. This time, I took my buddy (his first time firing a gun) on a short road trip to check out an indoor shooting range about an hour from my house.

In general, my carbine performed nicely! We tried it out shooting at targets from 25 to 100yards away. The major problem was that the lighting at the range wasn't the greatest... and the iron sights on my carbine are very dark in color. When we tried to shoot at distant targets, we couldn't see the iron sights on the black silhouette of the target!

Twice while shooting, an unfired round didn't load properly and got pinned by the bolt. It was an easy fix, all I had to do was pull back on the charging handle to relieve the pressure on the round and that allowed it to fed properly and fire normally. Is this common? Is there something I can do to prevent this, or is this just something that happens from time to time?

This is a pic of my buddy shooting:

We had a 15rnd competition... 5shots at 25yrds, 5shots at 50yrds, and 5 shots at 100yrds. I guess I had more "kill shots" but he put more rounds on target. I blame missing the target a few times on the poor lighting at 100yards.

Here's an updated picture of my carbine. I have a butt stock pouch coming in the mail.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast