Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

M1 Carbines

Article about: Here is an unusual story. I know one of "Carbine" Williams biographer and he gave me a tour of a museum near here. I got the opportunity to hold "Carbine"'s wooden model

Default M1 Carbines

Thought I'd show mine. I have bought and sold a few since the pics were taken. Cheers all !. Mike. N.ZClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Mine 4.06.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	168247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunshow 3.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	168248

Default Re: M1 Carbines

Wow! Do you only collect M1 Carbines? They are all beautiful.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from 38. Batterie, Heeres Küsten Artillerie Regiment 977, also from 31, 32 and 36. Batterie.

Very nice! Looks like some pretty looking wood also. Ron

HA! And i thought i was lucky to have 1 Very nice collection

Very nice.!

Great collection of Carbines.

I like the functional design of the stands as well..................!

What a collection!! I've got 3 - an NPM, an Inland and a Rock-ola.
    COL, U.S. Army (Ret.)

Strange to think that such a beautiful looking weapon was designed by a convict under sentence for a murder and that millions were made and the asthetics of the carbine hasnt really been bettered, great collection you have mate

Wow,i did not know that.!

Hi Pammy, yes the guys name was Williams, he was a backwoodsman who was partial to brewing liquor in the woods, the authorities raided his still and a law enforcement officer was shot and killed, he got the blame. During his time in prison he convinced the warden to let him work on the design and also build a prototype, when he had finished, a number of arms manufacturers were invited to see the weapon being fired by himself, He was granted a pardon i believe and offered a contract for the design and continued development of the carbine, there was a film made about his life called Carbine Williams starring James Stewart, if you can, get to see it, i daresay its fictionalised to a point but the main story is there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast