Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Carbines

Article about: Here is an unusual story. I know one of "Carbine" Williams biographer and he gave me a tour of a museum near here. I got the opportunity to hold "Carbine"'s wooden model

Default M1 Carbines

Thought I'd show mine. I have bought and sold a few since the pics were taken. Cheers all !. Mike. N.ZM1 CarbinesM1 Carbines

Default Re: M1 Carbines

Wow! Do you only collect M1 Carbines? They are all beautiful.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Very nice! Looks like some pretty looking wood also. Ron

HA! And i thought i was lucky to have 1 Very nice collection

John

?

Very nice.!

Great collection of Carbines.

I like the functional design of the stands as well..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

What a collection!! I've got 3 - an NPM, an Inland and a Rock-ola.

?

Strange to think that such a beautiful looking weapon was designed by a convict under sentence for a murder and that millions were made and the asthetics of the carbine hasnt really been bettered, great collection you have mate

?

Wow,i did not know that.!

?

Hi Pammy, yes the guys name was Williams, he was a backwoodsman who was partial to brewing liquor in the woods, the authorities raided his still and a law enforcement officer was shot and killed, he got the blame. During his time in prison he convinced the warden to let him work on the design and also build a prototype, when he had finished, a number of arms manufacturers were invited to see the weapon being fired by himself, He was granted a pardon i believe and offered a contract for the design and continued development of the carbine, there was a film made about his life called Carbine Williams starring James Stewart, if you can, get to see it, i daresay its fictionalised to a point but the main story is there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast