Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.

Article about: Hello guys, Here are some pictures of a 1945 M1 for review. All the parts look correct WWII to me. Would just like a second opinion please. Here's the link to the auction, M1 Garand Springfi

Default M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.

Hello guys,

Here are some pictures of a 1945 M1 for review. All the parts look correct WWII to me. Would just like a second opinion please. (My M1 friend is away right now unfortunately)

Here's the link to the auction,

M1 Garand Springfield Armory January 1945 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Thanks as always everyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.   M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  

M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.   M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  

M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.   M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  

M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review. 

?

AWESOME!!!! I love M1 Garands. Just a note but I think the gas plug should be a single slot(I have to check my notes) The other thing would be the trigger guard. It should be the milled type.
    Have you shot it?????
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    AWESOME!!!! I love M1 Garands. Just a note but I think the gas plug should be a single slot(I have to check my notes) The other thing would be the trigger guard. It should be the milled type.
    Have you shot it?????
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hey Phil!

This one is not mine ....(yet lol)

Gas plug, I thought this is the correct later war version?

I thought Springfield switched to stamped trigger guards in 1944?

M1s are not my forte!

Thanks for the help!

?

I was always told that the stamped trigger guard was a post war item. Like I mentioned I will have to check my notes as far as the gas cylinder lock screw.
    I'm not an expert either just a shooter who loves Garands!!!
    Mine falls in the 2.5 mil serial range

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

My bust Danny,
    The gas cylinder lock screw with the P is correct for that date!!!!
    and the trigger guard is also correct for a July 44 to October 45 serial number range 3000001 - 3900000
    Great pick up!!! I shoot in the CMP western games M1 Garand matches,So I'm just curious,Are you going to shoot it if you win it???
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-06-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    My bust Danny,
    The gas cylinder lock screw with the P is correct for that date!!!!
    and the trigger guard is also correct for a July 44 to October 45 serial number range 3000001 - 3900000
    Great pick up!!! I shoot in the CMP western games M1 Garand matches,So I'm just curious,Are you going to shoot it if you win it???
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the confirmation Phil!

I will most likely not shoot this one (if I win!). I have two M1s right now, 1944 Springfield that's about 90% matching. 1942 Springfield that is my shooter, glass bedded stock, national match parts. More of a shooter than a collectible. Here's a pick of that bad boy! So awesome that you shoot in CMP matches very cool!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Springfield 1945. Up for review.  

?

That is a nice one Danny!!!! I love the strips on the stock wood grain. Total eye candy

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil!

Have easily put more than 300 rounds through her, shoots very well!

I think I am going to bid on this m1 in question looks mostly correct to me.

Damn, nice wood!

Vert nice..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast