Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or Fake

Article about: Hey guys, Need a quick bit of help. These pictures are very low quality however, was wondering if any you could determine if this has a chance of being original or an obvious repro/fake. Not

MAP
    ?

Default M1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or Fake

Hey guys,

Need a quick bit of help. These pictures are very low quality however, was wondering if any you could determine if this has a chance of being original or an obvious repro/fake.

Note: I have not held / seen the stock but have been told there NO stamp markings on it. In my research (and on my own original Paratrooper carbine) all WWII paratrooper carbine stocks should have a P on the back of the receiver, an IO on the inside of the stock and an ordenance wheel stamped under the pistol grip.

Other items not visable are the welds on the wire stock and the numbers cast on the buttplate.

Besides these flaws, to me the major red flag are the rivets on the cheek pad. I have never seen these.

Just looking for a sanity check here so any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately the pictures of the stock are not uploading but I'm primarily concerned at this point on the rivets! So focus on these.

Thanks!

Michael

M1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or FakeM1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or FakeM1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or FakeM1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or FakeAttachment 693181Attachment 693182
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Other pics of the stock. Equally poor quality

M1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or FakeM1 Paratrooper Stock - Real or Fake

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks like a repro to me especially with all the stamps missing. Also inside the butt plate should be a stock number and iirc an IO marking on the bottom of the pistol grip.

?

Looks repro to me, too.

MAP
    ?

Quote by samnev View Post
    Looks like a repro to me especially with all the stamps missing. Also inside the butt plate should be a stock number and iirc an IO marking on the bottom of the pistol grip.
    Quote by MarkV View Post
    Looks repro to me, too.
    Thanks guys. My thoughts exactly. Just helping a friend out who saw it. Major red flags for me all around but just wanted a sanity check.

And those rivets are just horrible !!!!

Michael