Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1910 Glisenti rig...

Article about: This interesting pistol came my way today , a Glisenti M1910 that was used by the Italians in WWI &II. It came with two magazines in a very nice theater made GI style shoulder holster an

?

Default M1910 Glisenti rig...

This interesting pistol came my way today , a Glisenti M1910 that was used by the Italians in WWI &II. It came with two magazines in a very nice theater made GI style shoulder holster and was supposedly brought back by a US Army physician who served in Italy. The pistol is all matching and it still has the scarce takedown tool that's seldom found with the pistols. The black ebonite right grip is serial #'d to the gun but apparently the left one broke at some point and was replaced with the later wooden grip. The quality of the workmanship is amazing , every bit as fine as a Luger from the same period with interesting artistic touches like jeweled interior metal surfaces. Here are some pics.

Len

M1910 Glisenti rig...M1910 Glisenti rig...M1910 Glisenti rig...M1910 Glisenti rig...M1910 Glisenti rig...

Very nice Italian Glisenti M1910...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

You don't see them for sale very often., nice pick up.

nice gun.

I've only seen 2 in person 5 yrs. and w/o holster or second mag. Nice find