Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M1910 Maxim

Article about: one

Default M1910 Maxim

Hi,
    does anybody have any info on steam hoses and cans used with the Russian M1910 Maxim? Did they even bother, as I haven't seen any pictures of them in use.Are steel ammo belts correct for WW2 or was this a post war mod? Lastly did they carry spare parts as with the Vickers,
    thanks Pete.

Default Re: M1910 Maxim

Hi Pete, I have not seen amy steam pipes or cans in use either.

The steel belts were indeed a post war mod. These belts were introduced for use with the SG43 MG.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

I think the spares and tools were carried in a tin similar to the standard ammo tin with the embossed star.

Thanks guys, I've just bought one, 1943 dated and info on them seems a bit sparse.I want to get a few of the accessories to go with it.Are the cloth belts hard to find? One other thing is the colour, inside the fusee cover, the paint colour is much more of an olive colour, would this be closer to the original war time colour?

Hi Pete, cloth belts are hard to find. I only have one in my collection.

The darker paint may well be wartime. Most on the market, like mine, are arsenal rebuilt, and hence are repainted.

I have the gunners tool kit, and various patterns of ammo boxes and the tin for the cleaning kit/oil/solvents. I have one Imperial style tin not shown here. Note the various shades of paint used.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1910 Maxim   M1910 Maxim  

Here are a few nice wartime Maxim pics for your enjoyment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1910 Maxim   M1910 Maxim  

M1910 Maxim   M1910 Maxim  

M1910 Maxim  

?

very beautiful machinegun I love it . I got an friend an honest man and collector from Ukraine who has got 6 cloth belts and 4 ammo box .

regards .

?

Here is a pic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1910 Maxim  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks for the pic showing a condenser can. I noticed that it is "SA" (Finnish Army) marked.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Pete, here is my gunner's kit.

If you are in the UK, Tony Budge has ammo cans, cleaning kits, tool kits and possibly action covers too. I had a cover from him as did a comrade in our LH group.

http://www.rytonarms.co.uk/shop/shop.php

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast