Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1934 Beretta

Article about: Been after tgis one for some time was able to finally get it today . Gary

?

Default M1934 Beretta

Been after this one for some time was able to finally get it today . only thing I see wrong on her is where the vet carved his name on the grip . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1934 Beretta   M1934 Beretta  

Last edited by RH1941; 01-07-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Very nice one. Not impossibile to find a replacement grip if you prefer.

Yes, it's very simple to find a replacement, but they are part of the gun history: I should not do it.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Very nice one. Not impossibile to find a replacement grip if you prefer.
    As already said, why would you want to destroy the provenance of this item by replacing the engraved grip?

Generally speaking, me too probably I wouldn’t replace the grip, being now part of the gun’s life; but I wouldn’t use the term “destroy”: it is just an easy and quick replacement, that allow you to preserve the original part and eventually put it on again. It is not like a rebluing, repaint or sanding job.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Generally speaking, me too probably I wouldn’t replace the grip, being now part of the gun’s life; but I wouldn’t use the term “destroy”: it is just an easy and quick replacement, that allow you to preserve the original part and eventually put it on again. It is not like a rebluing, repaint or sanding job.
    I wasn't meaning to be inflammatory ziomanno, and although I can understand your intention now that you have explained what you might do with it, I can say in reply that taking bits from anything (with the idea of keeping it safe as part of the story is the easiest way of losing it forever). Believe me I've done it myself and learned from it.

As it is this pistol is one piece, with the visual history intact. If the grip was replaced and the original named one lost then this becomes just another M1934. I recall a great many of these being cut up to avoid them being used again and the one pictured is at least complete.

Hi BlackCat, no problem at all. I understand your point of view too and your concern about preserving historical items; I’m not great with your language, and thus I may have seemed rude with my answer. If so, I apologize.

?

Great pick up Gary!!!
    I love the finish on that one. It was well taken care of.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks guys just to let you all know I have no interest in changing the grip on this pistol. Im proud to own Mr. Ford's pistol . thanks Phil it has been cared for very well over the years . Gary

ziomanno, I appreciate you being here and doing so well in writing in a non native language, no problem to offence meant or taken. Happy collecting and thanks to Gary for posting a nice wartime relic. Maybe one day more of its story might be told.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast