Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1A1 Carbine that saw Combat

Article about: A combat vet. original M1A1 carbine. Serial # 2921478, Barrel dated 10-43. It has the early flip up rear sight and front band and about 95% plus original finish. WWII folding paratrooper sto

?

Default M1A1 Carbine that saw Combat

A combat vet. original M1A1 carbine. Serial # 2921478, Barrel dated 10-43. It has the early flip up rear sight and front band and about 95% plus original finish. WWII folding paratrooper stock with the proper cheek piece rivets and the small ordinance wheel and “IO” stamped on the underside of the pistol grip and a P in front. . There are three deep notches hand cut into the bottom rear of the hand grip which were apparently cut to signify three kills. The notches appear original to the period. The stock has "IO" stamped inside the forearm. The serial number puts it in the very first month of the second block of serial numbers assigned to Inlands. It’s now known and confirmed that M1A1 carbines were also assembled into the 2nd block of serial numbers and not just in the 1st, block of 999999 numbers.

Serial number ranges of M1A1 carbines are going to vary and 66648 were manufactured in 1943, ranging from Serial # 104700 to 999999, and 2712520 to 2995100. This carbine fits within those numbers. A real vet bring back that shows combat history.

Another indication that the carbine has seen action is that all the metal on the sling has OD paint dabbed on them to prevent any reflection/shine.

M1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw Combat

Yep it's got a real "been there, done that" look to it!...

?

Really great carbine.

Got any pictures of it in it's entirety? Would love to see the weapon in full!

Cheers
    Tom

?

Tom, here's some more shots of it, including another shot of the painted metal. Also a photo of it with my other two carbines, Ray

M1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw CombatM1A1 Carbine that saw Combat

?

Great piece.....and having three paratroopers is very cool as well!
    Regards,
    John

Thanks Ray, that's a cracking set you've got there. Not very often do you see an original paratrooper carbine rig, let alone 3 in a single collection

Cheers
    Tom

?

An excellent weapon you have there..I wouldn't mind 1 of these myself ! maybe 1 day lol.... Cheers Terry.

Looks great and correct for the period.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Love the "look", it's the real deal ;-)