Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Makers marks

Article about: This is the "normal" stamp they use. What i will suggest Ben, is that you write them an email and ask if they used your variant of makers mark. I am sure they will be willing to he

Default Makers marks

Chaps, has anyone seen this makers mark on any German weapons or ammunition at all? The mark looks like AMA intertwined, when I have researched it in the past it has bought up weapons/ammo related items. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Makers marks 
    Ben

Default Re: Makers marks

On the base of a round
    Attached Images Attached Images Makers marks 
    Ben

?

Ive always thought that AMA was a Danish Government Arsenal mark. Could there be a connection (Ammunitinsarsenalat)?

Thanks mate I will look into it
    Ben

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Ive always thought that AMA was a Danish Government Arsenal mark. Could there be a connection (Ammunitinsarsenalat)?
    This sounds Norwegian. Also the spelling. In the Danish Army we use HMAK ( Hærens MAtriel Kommando) Army material/equipment Command. Sorry i can't help on the stamp. Good luck and good hunting Ben.

Regards, Lars

I think it is Ammunitionsarsenalet Location København, Denmark.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Cheers guys, do they have a web site I am trying to confirm and see if the makers mark is the same
    Ben

?

That must have been on "Arsenaløen" at the Naval base "Holmen" in Copenhagen. My grandfather finished his education as a engineer there in 1939 and worked there all his life. I have spent quite some time out there

Being able to research in Danish language, i can see that AMA is the "Ammunitionsarsenalets" stamp/makers mark. AMA is under the control of HMAK. AMA is still a manufacturer of munitions. Much made on machines from Belgium. Denmark being occupied by Germany in April 1939 AMA would of course have been under German control. There were a heavy presence of German soldiers at the base. My grand father finished his final exams under the watchful eyes of WH soldiers. It's not unlikely they could have used the production facilities to make buckles.

Regards, Lars

?

Just give me a min or two Ben, and i will try to look into it. I was confused by the misspelling of "Ammunitionsarsenalet". He made it sound Norwegian

Regards, Lars

[h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast