Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maltby No4 and Enfield No2

Article about: by Panzer 3 Hi Pet, I ment to say my Webley is a Mk 1V, not V1, sorry but still love your Malbty. dave. Is that the .455 caliber pistol? I'm still learning about these. I saw one of those at

Default Re: Maltby No4 and Enfield No2

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Pet,
    I ment to say my Webley is a Mk 1V, not V1, sorry but still love your Malbty.
    dave.
    Is that the .455 caliber pistol? I'm still learning about these. I saw one of those at the last gunshow for 1095 dollars so I'm not sure I'll ever get one at that rate.

Paul

?

Looks like it says .38

Right, mine is a .38, but Panzer 3 said he had a MkIV, I was asking him about that, sorry for the confusion

Paul

?

Ooops, entirely my mistake. Sorry.
    I got the posts mixed up.
    Anyway, to draw attention away from my that, Ill quickly lay out a smoke screen with how many of these in 455 were converted to .45, when they reached American shores

No worries lol I've done it many times myself. I wonder if that's why that pistol I saw was so expensive then, it was still in .455, it fit my hand nicely, but just not my wallet lol

?

I dont know US prices for these topbreak revolvers, but as a lot of 455s were converted to 45 its plausible, that the original 455 will be more expensive.
    I like these. The most ugly and strange of the topbreak family is the automatic revolver Webley-Fosbery. For obvious reason, it didnt work too well in the trench warfare.
    You need to hunt down one of these

(....then you can dress up like Sean Connery in Zardoz!)
    Last edited by Scout; 03-31-2012 at 01:29 PM.

ooh, I'd love to find one of those, I've only ever seen pictures. One has to turn up eventually, there has to be someone around here with one. Zardozi, is that from The Man Who Would be King?

?

Whilst 'The Man Who Would Be King' is a fine movie with two of my favourite actors, Zardoz is more a train wreck of a movie. Zardoz also has Sean Connery in it, so you are half right.
    Zardoz (1974) - IMDb
    Zardoz is pretty tacky (think James Bond in a diaper!), but it has excellent 'shots' (sorry) of guns in it, i you are into that sort of thing. They get points in my book for equipping Sean Connery with the Webley-Fosbery.
    Zardoz - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

The Webley Fosbury was produced in both .38 and .455 so if you keep looking, 10 will come along at once!

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    The Webley Fosbury was produced in both .38 and .455 so if you keep looking, 10 will come along at once!
    and with my luck, it'll be the week before payday lol

I watched the trailer for Zardoz, that was painful enough lol I guess all actors have to start somewhere, and get the bills paid hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12