Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbine

Article about: I picked up a nice example of the French Berthier carbine the other week. This one still has its original three-shot magazine, although it did have the post-1927 conversions as well. I remov

Default Mannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbine

I picked up a nice example of the French Berthier carbine the other week. This one still has its original three-shot magazine, although it did have the post-1927 conversions as well. I removed the strip of wood which filled in the channel for the cleaning rod, and for the moment I am using an old K98 rod until I make up a copy of the brass-tipped type which these carbines had. On stripping the weapon down I discovered the receiver was without the lug at the rear underside - which would point to this being of pre-1909 manufacture. The original date of manufacture has been worn away, so this was a good pointer to how old the weapon actually was. Generally speaking, the weapon, although deactivated, is in fine collectible condition. And there are not that many of them around with their original three-shot magazine.
    Mannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbineMannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbineMannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbineMannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbineMannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbineMannlicher Berthier model 1892 carbine

Nice, used by cavalry and after the war by the Gendarmerie.

Great find Steve, i'd be very pleased with that!..

?

Nice one,me likey..........Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Very nice! I've always thought the Berthier was a very dapper looking weapon. Good luck with recreating the cleaning rod. I believe there's a fellow here in the States who makes them from time to time. Too bad about the deact but then you're safe from the havoc wrought by roving gangs armed with obsolete three round carbines. Thanks for posting.

Len

great looking carbine Steve!! Good to see you back on the forum.
    Happy Holidays mate!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi John,

I trust you enjoyed the book. The new one will be out in the first part of 2015. Lots more information in it, and about 15 former army friends have contributed. Merry Christmas.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

"safe from the havoc wrought by roving gangs armed with obsolete three round carbines"

Hahahaahahahaaa great comment!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    "safe from the havoc wrought by roving gangs armed with obsolete three round carbines"

Hahahaahahahaaa great comment!...
    if they break in here its the spears and the OC they need to worry about!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    if they break in here its the spears and the OC they need to worry about!
    The OC!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast