Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Matched dot 44 K98

Article about: Here is K98 #2. A dot 44. I know the pics are not the best, but all I have. Any info on either of these two rifles would be awesome! Thanks !!!!

?

Default Matched dot 44 K98

Here is K98 #2. A dot 44. I know the pics are not the best, but all I have. Any info on either of these two rifles would be awesome! Thanks !!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Matched  dot 44 K98   Matched  dot 44 K98  

Matched  dot 44 K98   Matched  dot 44 K98  

Matched  dot 44 K98   Matched  dot 44 K98  

Default Re: Matched dot 44 K98

This one was made at Waffen Werke Brunn in 1944. Check to see if nos. match. If I were you I would grab at least one of these as K98ks are getting harder to get in some areas and keep going up in value. If not reblued and mostly untouched even mixmatchers are worth good money. What is the asking price for these rifles if I may ask. Hope this helps.

?

The seller is a collector/ dealer friend of mine. I trust him,I bought my Silver class APB from him, which was given the unanimous thumbs up by all here. He claims both rifles are matched. From the provided pics, they do match, even the bolt. As for being untouched,I can't say. Bands may been replaced etc. They were also posted on a few gun boards and picked apart horribly, questioning the matched numbers, or if they were untouched..... as I said before,I trust the seller, they are matched..... the byf he is asking $1,500 and the dot $1,200. I think the price is high.....I was thinking more like $1,000 and $800, but I am new to collecting firearms. .... so opinion? Thanks!!!! :-)

Of the 2, I actually like the looks of the Dot better than the BYF, but that's not saying alot. Either way, though, $1,200 is an outrageous price and should be much closer to your own estimate-if that much. Personally, I'd pass on the both of them and invest the money into a solid unmessed with 98K. It might cost more, but in the long run, it will be the one to keep it's value and rise. Tinkered with guns will never be all that good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah If messed with that price is crazy. For 1,200 it should be a bring back all matching sling and all. Getting feedback from other forums do to so much fakery going on out there. As I said before a real shame we have to be so suspicious these days but the dishonest will always try to take advantage of the unknowing. These two guns are still worth some decent bucks but price a bit steep. thanks for input Wagriff.