Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle

Article about: Thought I would show you the new safe queen. A type99 Nagoya first series all matching rifle with near perfect bluing. Most of the screws are still staked. The down side is there was not a d

Default Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle

Thought I would show you the new safe queen. A type99 Nagoya first series all matching rifle with near perfect bluing. Most of the screws are still staked. The down side is there was not a dust cover or monopod. The rear sling loop is a Calvary loop. Comments welcome good or bad.
    Enjoy, Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle   Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle  

Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle   Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default Bayonet

More.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle   Matching Nagoya type 99 rifle  

MAP
    ?

Two thumbs up from me...too bad it will sit in a safe

Nice to have the dust cover and mono pod but more often than not they are missing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I will take her out on a date every so often. The one thing that sold me on it is the deep stuck Mum. The bayonet is not a maker match but it is an early one.

MAP
    ?

It's a nice mum. I have a first series as well but the mum is ground. But similar condition as yours with pined screws as well (or at least I think, it's been in the back of a closet for a few years...)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bring it out and let's see it. The rifle lets make that clear.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Bring it out and let's see it. The rifle lets make that clear.
    LoL!! Will do...

Not tonight but will try to sneak a few shots on Mothers day tomorrow if I can. It's been a while but pretty sure its a first series. I think the serial number is a bit later than yours in the 70k range..and don't think the bolt is matching which is common with ground Mum rifles. Was given to me so no big deal. But my 38 and 44 are all matching.

Michael

?

My Type 99. All matching with mum, monopod, bayonet and Dust Cover. Bought it it the mid 60's for $50.

Sam, that is a sweet rifle and a very good return on the investment. There is no way to improve on that one. Marty

?

Thanks for the complement Marty. But I wish I could find a better original sling rather than the ones I have on it. I was lucky to make the decision to buy this one when no one else was collecting them. I also have a Type 2 Paratrooper in the same condition that is complete and all matching. Got it in the late 70's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast