Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser 1914 Rig w/Capture Papers & Holster, Should I Buy It?

Article about: Greetings everyone, One of my friends came to me the other day and showed me a pistol that his brother is selling. It is a Mauser 1914 7.65 caliber pistol with original holster and capture p

RZM
    ?

Default Mauser 1914 Rig w/Capture Papers & Holster, Should I Buy It?

Greetings everyone,

One of my friends came to me the other day and showed me a pistol that his brother is selling. It is a Mauser 1914 7.65 caliber pistol with original holster and capture paper. It is in good condition and all matching. It shows a lot of wear to the bluing, but it is 100% complete and functioning. There are no Nazi markings that I saw. He is asking $500 for the whole set. Is this a good price? Unfortunately I do not have pictures at this time. Thanks in advance for any input!
    Last edited by RZM; 11-02-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Good price - I would buy, depending on codition.

They go from $250 to $450 without any papers or holster.
    The Holster is $100 or so - and the papers (if kosher, they are often faked) make it more interesting to many collectors - myself included.
    Maybe another ten percent value increase or so -
    *BTW many collectors will vow whole heartedly capture papers mean nothing to them - having sold a few with and without, the capture papers absolutely make a difference - IMHO - ignore them, that is their personal choice and has nothing to do with the market.

Edit - presume you mean Mauser 1914

RZM
    ?

Thank you Pitfighter. I am thinking quite strongly about getting it. I'm positive that the capture papers are legit. The guy got it straight from the vet and even has letters that were written home to his wife. And yes, I meant 1914, lol. I think I was working on about two hours sleep when I typed that! Anyway, thanks again for the info! I know that the capture papers do have a generous impact on what an item will bring. You just don't see them very often anymore.

All matching, good condition and with a holster And capture papers for $500? That's not much to hesitate on-Buy it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would post some pics before you buy it. I like what pitfighter stated but, what would worry me is your comment about it having quite a bit of finish wear.....If it is "a lot" like your saying.. I would not get it,myself...sorry.