Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser Belgian contract 1924 rifle

Article about: Hi folks, thought id show my first de activated rifle, Made in Belgium by the FN makers, seems in very good condition despite a few mis matching parts and safety catch (can i get one of thos

Default Mauser Belgian contract 1924 rifle

Hi folks, thought id show my first de activated rifle,
    Made in Belgium by the FN makers, seems in very good condition despite a few mis matching parts and safety catch (can i get one of those?) unsure what its history is as it could have gone anywhere in the world im told the caliber is 7.65 , kind of a odd size, anyway well chuffed with it need to source a nice sling too, any help comments advice always welcome
    SteveMauser Belgian contract 1924 rifle

?

Looks like a nice rifle,here`s a pic of the 7.65x53mm cartridge for it with a 7.92x57mm for comparison.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser Belgian contract 1924 rifle  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks, must get some to display with it, be nice to know some of its history and how it got German parts fitted.

Great looking rifle. Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, really happy with it, just ordered the inert bullets too.

Just pulled this baby out of storage again for display, can any tell me if a standard k98 sling will fit this it looks kind of naked without one. Also the safety is missing again will a k98 fit.
    Steve

Neat FN crest. You're not showing us enough of the rear of the bolt to see why there is no safety catch, otherwise it's a very common part. You'll need to learn how to field strip the bolt, this can be very awkward if the safety is in the wrong position, you'll hear a weird clunk, instantly realize something is horribly wrong and you'll need the finger strength of a circus strongman to get it apart.

Need a pic of the bolt by itself, and of the rear of the bolt.

Any common rifle sling should work from the looks of it, but NOT the german 98k variant as it goes through the stock and has a unique keeper "frosch".

And of course you should find the right bayonet/scabbard, and frog. 1920's FN contract? Don't remember seeing any, but I'm not much of a 98k expert, I just know a little about the Third Reich variations.

I agree, if the bolt safety is in the wrong position when you try to dissemble it, it can be really hard to do. Here's a link to do it nice and easy. (I use the bottom side of a desk instead)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLm...&v=NPEoxtINHeI

Thanks guys i will get some pictures up shortly, regards the sling any links or pics please.

Hope these help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast