Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser HSC and?

Article about: Hi guys, I got a reply to a militaria ad earlier today, and went and checked out these two pistols. They both appear to be in great condition, and they both come with their holsters. I am no

Default Mauser HSC and?

Hi guys,

I got a reply to a militaria ad earlier today, and went and checked out these two pistols. They both appear to be in great condition, and they both come with their holsters. I am not sure what a good offer would be as I am not very knowledgeable on handguns. One is a Mauser HSC. What is the other one? What would be a decent offer for each?

Thanks guys,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser HSC and?   Mauser HSC and?  

Mauser HSC and?   Mauser HSC and?  

Mauser HSC and?  

?

Default Re: Mauser HSC and?

Mauser 1910,1914 or 1934 depending on what caliber. Since I think the pic of that pistol has the 7.65 on it ??? then that would make it the 1914 but also could be the 14/34. There is a slight difference in grips between the 14 and the 34. But I am not able to tell you the difference. So somebody else will need to chime in on that!!

?

OK I had to get out my reference books on that one and it is a Mauser 1914. The 1934 had a curved grip and from the pic's it looks like your grips are straight.!!

?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...er-Pistols.htm This should tell you what the both of them is currently being sold for.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks! I did not realise that HSC's were so high. I probably won't be able to afford either pistol. He did have am SS soldbuch that I was very interested in, though.

?

No Problem!!! But don't give Up.
    HAGGLE,HAGGLE,HAGGLE. You might be able to get a Great Deal.You will never Know Unless you try.

Semper Fi
    Phil

How high is "high"? What is he asking on the 2 pistols with holsters? Keep in mind, period holsters add a hundred dollars or better to the total values.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The HSC that is worth the higher dollar value would have the nazi Wa135 marking on the trigger guard where it attaches to the pistol grip. They continued making HSC's well after WW II. Those are not any where near as valuable as the Nazi WW II versions.

The HSC looks good, note the Eagle on the trigger guard and the handgrip looks good. the post WW2 versions had a different grip (black plastic) and machining was not as nice and if it was a US Import there would be a mark for that.

The 1914 looks good. It is the second series (look for a different 2 piece plate on the left side if it is an early model).
    check the barrel tab front for the last 3 digits of the serial # which should match the frame and the slide, if not then is is assembled from parts and not worth much. 14/34 Mauser barrels get shot out and frequently sellers will swap a good later barrel for a shot out one. If he includes the original barrel then take the deal.

The HSC was made after the war for the German police, but would not carry the Eagle stamp. could be a civilial version.
    But note the difference in the bluing on the slide and the barrel, could be a redone slide.

Thanks for all of the info, guys! I can't afford either of these pistols, but if any of you are interested in them shoot me a PM and I will give him your contact info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast