Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?

Article about: Hi Glen, I would urge you to save your money. These were never used by German or foreign volunteer units, simply used by the Spanish Army. Cheers, Ade.

Default Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I am completely new to this side of militaria collecting as I am normally put off by the high prices of firearms. Any how, I have been offered this Mauser by a fellow collector who is downsizing his collection. He has told me that this rifle was used by the spanish blue division fighting with the Waffen SS, although it may be impossible to prove it. It is also dated 1943 and comes fully deactivated. I am waiting on some more pictures (ones of any markings) but he has said that I can buy it for £175!!! Is it just me or is this cheap?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?   Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?  

Default Re: Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?

The bolt looks quite pitted in the pics but it's not a bad thing. Love the tiger striping on the but stock though. Good price for a deac, wait for more pics but I would be tempted to move should it turn out ok.

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Glen, I would ignore the Blue Division "story".

Mauser rifles are a HUGE study in their own right. All I can tell you is it is not a true K98: note the lack of the turned down bolt handle which should lie flat against the stock and not stick out at 90 degrees. Also the sling mounts are different, bayonet lug, etc. Also note the finger groove in the stock.

This is a Spanish M43 Mauser.

Clearly there are condition issues re the bolt and the bad pitting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It is a Spanish model 1943 Mauser,Google it,lots of info there.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I was just editing my post! Pete is correct!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would save your money Glen and if you want to move into German weapons, buy a proper issue item.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey guys thank you all for your help. When I get some more pictures i will be sure to post them here first. Thank you Pete for Iding this weapon.
    Hey Ade, I was interested in this item because i do like to buy foreign volunteer items when I can.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would save your money Glen and if you want to move into German weapons, buy a proper issue item.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree with Ade, buy the gun not the story. Looks like a Spanish M43 to me as well and I believed over priced as well. Save up and get a decent verified 98K.

Hey guys, I have been told that I can now have it for £160, what do you think the current value would be on this item?
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS I have attached some more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?   Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?  

Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?   Mauser K98 bolt action rifle, what do you guys think?  

mpw
    ?

Hi Glen.
    Broken down into component parts it's value is probably between £100 - £150. Wood £40 ish, bolt the same, magazine and trigger assembly £30 etc etc. It all depends on your budget and what you really would be happy with. On the plus side it is period but on the minus it isn't really a WW2 combat piece. Just out of curiosity are all the components number matching?
    Regards, Mark.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast