MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

Article about: I have no idea where to post this here, as i do not see an Mauser K98 section. Mitchell's has 6 K98's , that they claim has SS markings, and with the Totenkopf death head stamping on them, t

ian
    ?

Default Re: Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

no pic ??

I put two pics here for you to see.

thanks
    Brian

ian
    ?

the stamps you show are on the stock i mean under the barrel ie ramove the works from the stock and just before the front mountind thread you amy ,, if your realy lucky or being coned ,see a single s

ian
    ?

well i have to say looking closely at both of your pics , as far as my understanding they are both bad , BUT i can only say from my knowlage , i only have experience of steyr but i think you will find all of the ss contracts were the same ,and all of the stamps were the same ,,how ever i will bow to greater knowlage , but most i think will agrea with me,
    the ss stamp thet i have seen at steyr is an elongated skull NO BONES
    that to me is an alarm bell when i see a skull and bones , and no ss above the skull ,? im told by my friend at steyr that that is , as you guys say , fantacy
    cheers ian

Thats why i need to see what an actual stamp would look like.

Thanks
    Brian

ian
    ?

defanatlyn the skull with ss above it is wrong
    the skull with the single s on the stock would never have hapend
    the single s was a master inspection mark under the barrel if your lucky and the staockes were never stamped with the skull

ian
    ?

there is some where here on this forum a picture of an original skull ,,i have looked and looked but i cant find it , it is an elongated skull with no bones and NO ss , if i manage to find it i will let you know , but i cannot betray the trust of steyr please understand that cheers ian

ian
    ?

ok so post 28 suposedly a ww1 gew98 with the deaths head an single s
    well look at it it is a red glue lamanet stock ,,, come on lets be real about this
    i do realy hope you are not trying to kid me ,, i mean that with respect ,but seriously red glue ww1 ??????????? skull????????????????? s ???????
    sorry mate this is all so so wrong ??????

carvinski
    ?

I have never seen the deathshead on a K98 yet. But recently a good friend of mine purchased a bayonet from the US and it had a deaths head on the handle which was optruding not engraved.
    The bayonet was for the K98 and upon dismantling it we noticed that the dates on the blade and handle were different. Also the name and number with date of the soldier were stamped on the handle.

ian
    ?

there is a lot of lts try to forget fealing about these fifles , remember that they were made in an underground factory in austria by in mates from mathousen,guisen , not something that some people want to admit to
    not all i agree but a huge amount were made there , and i think gready people who fake these are insulting the poor unfotunates who died making these rifles ,and i think these fakers should be thourouly ashamed of them sefs
    i think they are lower than a snakes belly and should be treated with complete contempt cheers ian
    sorry just sounding off , i have seen the camp and the underground facktory ,believe me niether are good , it makes me angry that some try to cash in on all this , the originals should be collected and treasured , but to fake them ,,,thats just BAD,BAD,BAD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast