Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

Article about: I have no idea where to post this here, as i do not see an Mauser K98 section. Mitchell's has 6 K98's , that they claim has SS markings, and with the Totenkopf death head stamping on them, t

Default Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

I have no idea where to post this here, as i do not see an Mauser K98 section.

Mitchell's has 6 K98's , that they claim has SS markings, and with the Totenkopf death head stamping on them, they are asking 6,000.00 for one, and i asked for pics, because before i spend that much money, i would like to see what the markings are, and what they look like.

The salesman i was talking with, kept on saying you can trust us here at Mitchell, these are legit, authentic SS marked rifles, and no need for us to email you a pic.

I told him, there is no way in hell that i would spend that kind of money, unless i was able to the markings, and the rifles it self, but he still refuses to email me a pic.

Has anyone else had problems with them, and what would be the average price for one of these rifles.

Thank you
    Brian

ian
    ?

Default Re: Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

there is a sticky thread in world firearms but dont wory Ade will sort it
    the k98 you refer to if correct will not have any wafenampts on it only the skull, if wafenampts are present then it is not correct as these rifles did not go through the normal profing system im sure others more knowlable than me will be able to explane it better cheers ian
    PS pictures would be very helpfull

Yeah, they were saying this rifle had all of the proper stamps, as all K98's would have , and the SS Death head stamping on it also.

I has some one tell me that Mitchell's has the actual death head stamp, and marks the rifles them selves, and charges 6K for one.

So there would be no markings on it at all, no single rune on top, no other Mauser factor codes either, no waffen markings either.

ian
    ?

as i said if there are any eagles with a wa number under them then it is 99% that they are wrong . but please wait for more knowlageable answers
    cheers ian
    oh and just eagles on there own slightly larger than the wafenampt eagle

ian
    ?

sorry i didnt read what you said properly ,,,yes there would be manufactures marks and date , and serial no,,the ss rifles were to all intence and porouse ,private purchase by the ss becouse the army would not suply them ,as a result they did not go through the usual proofing system and so were not stamped by the proof office as i say wait for the experts ,cheers ian

So , they would have the standard Factory Mauser markings, but none of the other standard waffen markings that was on every K98 that was issued.

They said their rifles has all of the waffen markings like all K98's would have on them, plus the death head with SS runes above the skull.

ian
    ?

yep thats how i understand it to be ,,ian

I dont understand why Mitchell refused to email me pics, like they have something to hide.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I dont understand why Mitchell refused to email me pics, like they have something to hide.
    If you do a Google search for Mitchells Mausers, you will find that they have a certain "reputation" amongst those who know about Mausers.

Many people would appear to buy their Mausers elsewhere.

On a general note, I, and I suspect a lot of other collectors, would have nothing to do with a seller who will not send out more photos when requested.

Regards

Richie

Mitchell as far as I know refinishes and checks headspace etc. on the rifles they sell. I'd have a hard time dropping 6000 on something like that. I know next to nothing about 98 mausers, I follow 1911's and fake proof marks are becoming more common I'm sure it's the same case with any other type weapon including the mauser.

Mike

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast