Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i

Article about: I would really like someone to point out and explain the overstamps people are talking about, I cannot see any stamps on this rifle that appear to have been stamped over another number. I wi

Default Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i

Hi there,

This is my second k98 and its a great example of a 1937 S/42 Walnut stock. It is an all matching rifle with the original sling, nice and shiny bore and an almost perfect stock (minus a few nicks here and there). If you guys could help me out on how much you think it's worth and what you think of it that would be great!

cheers,

Ollie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i   Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i  

Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i   Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i  

Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i   Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i  

?

Default Re: Mauser K98k 1937 S/42 All matching - Serial Number 500i

Any all matching 98k is worth at least $1K perhaps a lot more depending on condition. It would be nice if you located a correct cleaning rod for your 98k.

I actually have the original cleaning rod, I was using it to clean a pistol the other day as I lost my pistol cleaning rod, and annoyingly forgot to put it back in for the photo

Hello Ollie,

It's difficult to give an appraisal from just what there is here to be seen but I'm a little dubious about the numbers stamped on the 'H' band; my thinking is these may not be original. More images would help.

-Scharfschütze

?

Quote by Scharfschutze View Post
    Hello Ollie,

It's difficult to give an appraisal from just what there is here to be seen but I'm a little dubious about the numbers stamped on the 'H' band; my thinking is these may not be original. More images would help.

-Scharfschütze
    You might be right the 5 looks like it might be an over stamp and the number a slightly out of alignment compared to the 500 on the bolt shroud. t. Better pictures would help. Still worth a lot of $$$,

The gun is in Jersey, Channel Islands...between the UK and France. Unfortunately the market here is not what we'd like it to be regarding firearms. The value here for the rifle would be £300 to £450, thats all the market would stand. Shipping it elsewhere for a high price would be negated by the paperwork and cost of security involved in moving it off the Island. It also looks to be an ex Portuguese contract rifle... others may know different.
    Guns here can only attain a certain price/value due to the restricted market and the difficulty in getting them off the rock. Just shoot it Ollie and enjoy it. My parents bought me a k.98 when I was 18 which I still have. Then it cost £125, so in relative terms its not really increased in value that much over the last 30 years, where as other German items such as helmets have steadily increased in value.
    See you on the range.
    D.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree on the pronouncement of this being a Portuguese contract piece; with no crest or distinctive flared front site projections.

-Scharfschütze

I am only going on the information supplied by its previous owner. Apparently not all k.98s that went to the Portuguese had the crest on the reciever. There might be the remains of one on the stock. I am not quite sure what you mean by distinctive flared front sight projections.
    The gun should be a good shooter and hopefully Ollie will get many years of fun out of this old beast on the range.

The stock would certainly reveal it's origins. Any prospect of a photo, Ollie?

-Scharfschütze

Yes I'll get some photos up shortly!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast