Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mauser Kar98

Article about: I've been lurking on these forums for the last week, and now that I have made an account I'd like to ask for some help. I would like to buy a Kar98 (deactivated), and the most important thin

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Not familiar with Norwegian reissues. In my experience, the waffen proof is the first thing scrubbed on captures. I would tske Danny's word on the Norwegian issue... No pressure, Danny..
    Ye no pressure Danny, I totally believe you! Thanks for the replies & help. I think I know enough now

?

In the reciever there is a half round piece drilled out, this is disturbing me.
    I guess this was done during converting to another caliber like 30 06.
    So its maybe Norwegian but from the pics i cannot see any caliber which is normaly stamped on the barrel

Yep definitely rechambered
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Question

Yes,the receiver is from a Norwegian capture K98k that was rebarreled to 30/06.
    Since you do not show enuf photos of the rifle I can not tell if it all original Norwegian or a mix master of parts by someone else later.
    Sarge

?

I don't have any more pictures unfortunately. But I'm not interested in this rifle anymore. Thanks for all the info. Thread can be closed ^.^

Thanks Sarge! I never knew they rechambered to 30-06. Explains the need for extra loading room. Reminds me of the carcano's that are rechambered to 7.92. I learn something new every day on this forum. Love it!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

They are still worth good money. But yes not 100% orginal. I would rather have a RC instead imho. But to each their own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12