Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser Pistol

Article about: I have this pistol that originally belonged to my fathers uncle and a WWII vet. I am familiar with Mauser rifles but not hand guns. Can someone give me any possible background info on this f

Default Mauser Pistol

I have this pistol that originally belonged to my fathers uncle and a WWII vet. I am familiar with Mauser rifles but not hand guns. Can someone give me any possible background info on this firearm? These are the best photos I have as the pistol is currently in the States while I am not.

Casey ~

Mauser PistolMauser PistolMauser PistolMauser PistolMauser Pistol

CBH
    ?

I believe it is a Mauser Selbstiladepistole model ( either 1910 , 1914 , 1934 ) I think it's a 34
    Original a commercial pistol , and some use by European Police forces , with the outbreak of War in 1939
    it was taken into military service . Issue to Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe and usually marked as such .

I'm thinking it looks more like a Model 1910/14, as the 34's grip had a bit more of a curve to them than the earlier models. It's basically a Model 1914 but issued in 6.35 rather than the newly issued 7.65's so they refer to it as a 1910/14 to differentiate. Many German officers in both wars carried these handy and very well made little automatics. I've seen Waffen SS officers with them as well. The crown over crown over U is the Oberndorf proof house mark and was used from 1891 until 1939. The 6.35 caliber is the equivalent of the .25 auto here in the States.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

Yes you maybe right , 6.35mm (M10 and M34) and with the wood grips more likely a M10 . But the M14 is a 7.65

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll pass it along to my father too.

Casey ~

?

I had one of these before the time of internet ruined all possibilites for good deals. Anyway, i got mine from North Norway, i paid around 200 us for it.
    My example was in mint condition and marked with Eagle and "M" (Kriegsmarine)

Edit: Forgot to mention my example were 7,65mm.