Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser pocket pistol

Article about: This is a photo of the Mauser 6,35 MM cal. pocket pistol that came with the brown holster. I had posted a blowup of the emblem on a different forum here, military decorations or such, and th

Tom2
    ?

Default Mauser pocket pistol

This is a photo of the Mauser 6,35 MM cal. pocket pistol that came with the brown holster. I had posted a blowup of the emblem on a different forum here, military decorations or such, and the opinion was that it is just a civilian award or something attached by the GI that brought the rig back. Still nice pistol. Mint shiny bore and just holster wear on edges evident. I have fired one of these Mausers before, an example in much less condition of finish. But it was pretty mild to shoot due to the size and weight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser pocket pistol  

Default Re: Mauser pocket pistol

Very nice Mauser 1910... Any markings on the holster...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Tom2
    ?

Someone inked the serial of the pistol inside a flap on the front, but I have been over it carefully and find no other marks. Last marked small auto holster I had was for a 7.62 Ortgies I had. The Ortgies was another vet bringback, cost me 150. The back of the frame had the Czech acceptance marks where the type had been adopted for awhile as an official sidearm(1924), presumably uncommon. The holster had a name and also had Berlin makers marks. So apparently it was sold to Czechs by the Germans, and reconfiscated by same, then captured and brought back! I sold it to a collector of Czech arms out west for modest profit.

Johnnie
    ?

Nice example! Thanks for sharing.

Johnnie