Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mg 34

Article about: Cheers guys yeah i wasnt sure about the barrel front!!! Still is a good looking beast.. have you much to go with it,belt,ammo tins etc??..Im starting to get excited now "sorry"..I

Default Mg 34

This is a 1945 dated dot coded MG34. I've no idea if it would of been made before or after the end of the war. The gun went to Israel and was probably used by them in one or more of their various conflicts over the years until it was 'retired'! It is unfortunately deactivated.
    I must admit I quite like this gun and the way it looks, got that well used finish about as if it's seen plenty of use over the years, I bet it saw more use than some of these Russian capture ones that are seen now that were probably seized before they even fired a shot! Might not have the prestige of being a WW2 used MG34 but I think it's spot on! I actually have two of these but the pics are all of the same one, t'other one looks, well, basically it looks pretty much like this one so your not missing much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg 34   Mg 34  

Mg 34   Mg 34  

Default Re: Mg 34

Some more...

Mg 34   Mg 34  

Couple more...

Beautiful piece - I really like it. Thanks for posting
    and giving a bit of it's history.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Beautiful, would love to have one too

Ironic that a TR weapon would end up in Israeli service is it not?

Looks terrific, you can really see the build quality on these compared with the more economically produced mg42.

?

Nice MG34, anymore photos??? Im thinking of buying one in the summer when ive won the lottery!!!! lol... I would be interested in seeing you can remove the barrel?? im not even sure you can do this?? Thanks for posting...Terry.

Hi Mike, nice example. I don't really worry like you about when and where it was used: it is what it is.

Hi Terry, only very early deacts MG34 and 42's will have a barrel that will remove. These fetch a big premium in price as a result. Half as much again is typical and finding one is hard.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Tango View Post
    Nice MG34, anymore photos??? Im thinking of buying one in the summer when ive won the lottery!!!! lol... I would be interested in seeing you can remove the barrel?? im not even sure you can do this?? Thanks for posting...Terry.
    Cheers! I'm not sure if I've any more photo's of it handy on me hard drive, I'll have a gander though.

Mine does not have a removable barrel unfortunately and it does not even split, though I'm not sure why as it's a pre '95 deact and all the release catches and stuff work and there's no pins thru' anywhere and when you take the bolt out and look inside I catch see anything that is welded or pinned that would prevent it splitting, not that bothered but it would of been nicer if it had split even if the barrel didn't come out! As Ade says the ones with the removable barrels are a rare beastie, think I've only seen one MG34 ever for sale like that and that was a couple of years back, I can't remember the price now but I recall it wasn't cheap!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast