Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MG 34 in Russian stocks

Article about: 6 pieces in the box

?

Default MG 34 in Russian stocks

6 pieces in the box
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG 34 in Russian stocks  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default re: MG 34 in Russian stocks

Dimas do you mean that you found six MG 34s in a Russian stock?

Hi Dimas, we are getting the last few of these being imported in the UK, or so my friend Tony says. They are priced at £795. The previous batch were £650.

Hi Nick, these are guns captured by the Soviets and refurbished by them in the 1970's ready for WW3.

Cheers, Ade.

?

No, this is the pictures from the net. But really Ade told about Ukrainian stocks...
    As my father and brother was the saylors of civil ships, they was cruises to the Angola in the mid of 1980's, the cargo they sent to the Angola was keeped closed from the eyes and totally forbid to entrain to that area. As my father is interested in history too, and was born in the area were was battlefields, and being a child plays with original german weapon, he told me when the boxes with soviet "gifts" was being unload, one of the big wooden cargo boxes was down from the crane and destroyed- there was inside german MGs, mustly MG 34...
    I think it's not last Ade, the restored was IMO especially restored for the Afrika. But I think there a lot of them still keeped in original conditions. Due of 80% of weapons, uniforms and other stuff was sent to USSR postwar
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Wow!!!!!!

Default Re: MG 34 in Russian stocks

Quote by Dimas View Post
    No, this is the pictures from the net. But really Ade told about Ukrainian stocks...
    As my father and brother was the saylors of civil ships, they was cruises to the Angola in the mid of 1980's, the cargo they sent to the Angola was keeped closed from the eyes and totally forbid to entrain to that area. As my father is interested in history too, and was born in the area were was battlefields, and being a child plays with original german weapon, he told me when the boxes with soviet "gifts" was being unload, one of the big wooden cargo boxes was down from the crane and destroyed- there was inside german MGs, mustly MG 34...
    I think it's not last Ade, the restored was IMO especially restored for the Afrika. But I think there a lot of them still keeped in original conditions. Due of 80% of weapons, uniforms and other stuff was sent to USSR postwar
    Dimas, Great story.. I have one that I will relate to everyone....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Some of the Russian captured MG-34's made their way to Vietnam. I saw a few that had been found in caches while there 70-71

Johnnie

Great amounts of MG34, 42's and some pieces of MP44 has Croatian army, but now they are CUTTING them and selling as metal.
    Some people tried to save these pieces, tried to bribe, but...

speiss 2002
    ?

When one considers the amount of German war Materiale used and lost on the Eastern Front,I can believe there's still plenty left thereabouts..

Johnnie
    ?

I would also be curious to know the fate of the non-German weapons they captured considerable quantities of. Italian Carcanos, MP-38a's, Beretta pistols, ect. Hungarian and Romanian weapons. Refurbed and stockpiled? Scrapped out?
    I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the former Soviet Union is a gun collector's dream house! Or perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast