Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mg.34's and 42's

Article about: Hi, This is a picture that I took nearly 10 years ago, it was impressive then and it still is today although the gun collection has increased a fair bit since then. I prefer the 34 to the 42

?

Default Re: Mg.34's and 42's

Last legally transferrable MG42 I recall for sale here in the USA was something like $25,000.00 with some accessories. There was a couple at the Knob Creek MG shoot two weeks ago...... they sure are a thrill to watch spitting bullets , along wiht the dozens of other MG's they had purring along the firing line. Just 20 miles south of Louisville KY right of 31W practically you would be crazy to not try it on one of the two times a year they do the MG Shoot/show ( every April and October ). The nightfires they do saturday night with red,green and white tracers is about all you can take without drooling yourself silly.

?

Rat-a-tat! Wonderful photo, what a great display.

Cheers,

Carl

?

Holly cow ! That's there all the mg34-42's are lol

What does a non-firing MG-42 go for in the States today? Im interested in getting one. Also, I MIGHT have a deal on getting a fully working MP-40 in a trade deal fro my Mauser Sniper rifle varient-which VERY few were ever manufactured. I should know more on this possible trade soon.

?

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    What does a non-firing MG-42 go for in the States today? Im interested in getting one. Also, I MIGHT have a deal on getting a fully working MP-40 in a trade deal fro my Mauser Sniper rifle varient-which VERY few were ever manufactured. I should know more on this possible trade soon.
    Last time I saw a Mg 42 Dewat they were selling for about half the price of a fully functional 42. But that depends on how much it would take to restore the 42 to make it functional again.

Impressive! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by samnev View Post
    Last time I saw a Mg 42 Dewat they were selling for about half the price of a fully functional 42. But that depends on how much it would take to restore the 42 to make it functional again.
    I know that George Petersen was selling them for around $2,500 several years ago but even then I thought that was way over priced. A fully functional MG 42 can easily go for between $25,000 to about $50,000.

Dewats are easy to "fix" I know someone who did so on an MP-40--and was totally legal..

my re-enactment unit has 3 MG34s and 2 MG42s. im deffinitly an MG34 fan (use it myself) in NZ (provided we have an E Catagory license) you can buy MG34s and MG42s non-deact. only problem is that any fully automatic weapon is only allowed to be fired semi-auto (unless its using blanks in a public display, in which case i blast away like a mainiac )

Were these all left behind from the occupation????

Love German Machineguns!!! Great Display! Were these left behind???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast