Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

MG08 Maxim Z.F.12 optical sight complete

Article about: Gday Gents, I've also posted this in the WW1 Imperial section but thought I best show you Maxim blokes as well. A complete Emil Busch A-G Z.F.12 MG08 "Maxim" optical sight. I belie

Default MG08 Maxim Z.F.12 optical sight complete

Gday Gents,
    I've also posted this in the WW1 Imperial section but thought I best show you Maxim blokes as well.
    A complete Emil Busch A-G Z.F.12 MG08 "Maxim" optical sight.
    I believe complete unit's are quite rare and this Zielfernrohr has it's original case and the two filter len's (yellow and green).
    This sight is in full operating condition and the optic's are clear and unscratched.
    It appears to be a late build 62546 but I believe it's WW1 era due to the leather eye cup as rubber was used on most post war models.The cup is in beautiful condition,still soft and supple.
    The case is of compressed card type construction and is also in excellent condition for it's age.
    Both filter lens are also A1.

MG08 Maxim  Z.F.12 optical sight completeMG08 Maxim  Z.F.12 optical sight completeMG08 Maxim  Z.F.12 optical sight completeMG08 Maxim  Z.F.12 optical sight complete
    A nice find I feel.
    Thanks for looking folks

?

Default Re: MG08 Maxim Z.F.12 optical sight complete

Great sight for the MG 08 and it's ig great shape.

Cheers Samnev.
    All I need is a MG08 to finish it off.
    Thanks for looking mate.

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Cheers Samnev.
    All I need is a MG08 to finish it off.
    Dave,
    Thanks for looking mate.
    My friend has a MG 08 on a Finnish tripod. He looked for ever trying to find the scope. Finally found one but it was no where near the condition yours is, no case and some what foggy. You are a lucky man to find the one that did.
    Cheers,
    Sam

Thank you Sam.
    I agree lucky as with this one.
    Cheers again

JeffMarriott
    ?

Hi there,
    This is an awesome set! I also have an MG08 scope (Z. F.12 No:22186) It was souvenired on the 9th of August 1918 from a MG post near either the Amiens Gun or the in ground Bertha Gun from my Grandafther. (Still researching but most likely to the the Amiens Gun) Mine has some battle/wear & tear danage but still in working condition. I have seen another example of a leather case for these scopes but the inclusion of the filter lenses is really cool! I never knew that part until now.
    Cheers,
    Jeff