Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MG34 (Opinions?)

Article about: Hi Everyone, I just purchased this relic MG34 and was wondering what you guys think. These photos are from the seller; I will post more detailed photos when it comes through the mail. Thanks

Default MG34 (Opinions?)

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased this relic MG34 and was wondering what you guys think. These photos are from the seller; I will post more detailed photos when it comes through the mail.

MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)MG34 (Opinions?)

Thanks,

Troy (MilitaryCollect)

Hello! it's very very rusted ! I don't know where you are(country) but it's posssible to find a better one!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

a great relic.

I also think a great relic if the price is good

Hi Troy, it looks like a very interesting relic, but it also looks as though it has been deactivated. Now I don't know if you are from UK or somewhere in Europe, as you don't have much information about yourself on your home page. But looking at that gun it looks as though at some point the barrel has been welded in place - I see evidence of a weld on the back end of the barrel shroud which locks into the receiver. But you show pictures of the gun with the barrel removed. It certainly wouldn't be legal in the UK, and maybe not even in Europe. I would tread very carefully with this one, especially in view of the new rules on deactivation.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Hi Steve,

I live in the US, and to be honest, didn't give much thought to the legality of this MG34 when I purchased it; I figured that since this gun is now a relic, it could not possibly be fired again. This is an entirely new arena of collecting for me, and I jumped on the chance to purchase this firearm without investigating too deeply. This machine gun is coming from Russia and should arrive within two weeks. I hope to post more detailed pictures once it arrives.

Best regards,

Troy

Hi Kradman,

I hope $3,000 isn't too outrageous for one of these. :/

Hi Troy,

If II had that, and I got found out with it, I would be hung out to dry. Much of the internal components seem in excellent condition, and I wouldn't mind betting that it might well work with a new barrel and top cover plate. Would your customs be OK with you importing such an item?

I should have added that $3,000 seems a lot for a relic!

?

Well when it comes through customs, the Alphabet Boys might want to check it out. I myself would have done a little research before sending $3K for something that might get confiscated when it reaches our shores.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Great question! I'm afraid to know the answer...

I'm going to contact the seller and make sure that he's doing everything legally. I'm sure I can have him deactivate the firearm before shipping it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast